Sri Guru Gobind Singh College of Commerce, founded in 1984, as the commerce college in the University of Delhi, has emerged as a unique institution progressing towards unprecedented heights. The college provides a blend of resources and environment for all round personality development of its students. Its goals are in consonance with the fact that national economic and commercial relations are becoming so closely interdependent that meaningful vital changes are being introduced with academic curriculum in the centers of higher learning.
Strategically located near the T.V. Tower, Pitam Pura, the college is sponsored by Delhi Sikh Gurudwara Management Committee, a statutory body, constituted under an Act of Parliament. The college is named after the tenth Guru Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji. Drawing inspirations from the teachings of Sikh Gurus, the college helps its students to imbibe moral and spiritual values having universal acceptance.
The construction of the new building is in full swing and the classes are held in the spacious class room blocks. The college is credited by the University of Delhi for the following courses of study :
B.Com. (Hons.), B.Com. (Pass), B.A. (Hons.) Economics, B.A. (Hons.) Business Economics, B.Sc. (Hons.) Computer Science, Diploma in Business Journalism and Corporate Communication (D.B.J.C.C), Post Graduate Diploma in International Marketing (P.G.D.I.M).
Along with add-on courses on: Certificate course in French Language, Short term course in tally Accounting Practices and Foundation Course in Banking.
The college is primarily a co-educational English medium institution. Every student of the college is expected to carry the identity card issued by the college authorities. The same will have to be produced whenever required to do so. The college library came into existence along with the foundation of the college in 1984. It boasts of a rich collection of books on Commerce, Economics, Mathematics, Computer Science and Sikhism. It also subscribes to 25 newspapers, 50 journals and Magazines (Indian as well as International) on a variety of subjects. The college magazine 'Amrit' publishes articles by teachers and students and reviews the educational, cultural, social and sports activities of the college.
• The institute has a large sprawling campus located in the capital city of the country ie; Delhi. It has large and modern built infrastructure.
• It has a library with a rich collection of around 28995 books. This collection includes journals, newspaper, periodicals, CDs, etc. The library also provides facilities like Book Bank, Reservation of Books, and Photocopy.
• The computer lab offered by the institute is housed with latest machines and updated software. It also facilitates high speed internet to its students as well as staff.
• The centrally air-conditioned seminar hall and conference hall are used to conduct various seminars and cultural activities.
• Other various facilities provided by the institute are digital lab, bank facility, auditorium, café, and many more.
• The college also has high-class sports infrastructure with indoor and outdoor games. It encourages its students to play games like basket ball, cricket, lawn tennis, volley ball, etc.
Sri Guru Gobind Singh College of Commerce Admissions
Sri Guru Gobind Singh College of Commerce Delhi Admission 2016-17:-
Delhi University UG Admission 2016-17:-
Apply online at website:- http://ug.du.ac.in
Start date for online Registration - 1st June 2016
Closing date for online Registration - 19th June 2016
Notification of First Admission List - 27th June 2016
Commencement of Classes - 20th July 2016
Closing date of Admission - 16th August 2016
Sri Guru Gobind Singh College of Commerce Placements
The placement cell of the institute provides 100% placement to its students. It places its students in various well known companies like
• Dell Computers
• Propel PR
• Creative News
• American Express
Sri Guru Gobind Singh College of Commerce Campus Photos
Institute Location on Map