South Point High School was started in 1958. It was the first co-educational School in the city, to be affiliated to the West Bengal Board of Secondary Education. At present the school has nearly 13,500 students, 325 teachers and 225 non-teaching staff-members.
South Point School has Nursery, Transition and Classes I to V. Students then study in South Point High School from Classes VI to X under the West Bengal Board of Secondary Education. Thereafter, a majority of Pointers continue their studies in Classes XI and XII, under the West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education.
South Point provides a completely nurturing environment to its students it has well stocked library with collection of nearly 18,000 volumes, provide excellent facilities in their Computer labs, well-equipped and well-ventilated Physics, Chemistry and Biology laboratories.
South Point High School Admission Procedure and Admission Fee:-
There are only a few vacancies in Nursery I and Nursery II classes for the Academic Session 2011. Applications on plain foolscap or A4 size paper addressed to the Principal, South Point School and giving the following details will be received from December 7, 2010 to December 11, 2010.
1. Child's name (along with a photograph of 20 mm X 20 mm size).
2. Date of birth.
3. Father’s name and profession, mentioning where employed, designation etc.(In case of business, nature of business).
4. Mother’s name and profession, mentioning where employed, designation etc.(In case of business, nature of business).
5. Educational qualification of father and mother.
6. Total monthly income of the family.
7. Residential address & Phone number, Mobile number and e-mail address, if any.
8. Mention if any brother/s and/or sister/s of the child (not cousins) is/are pupil/s of the school. (Name, Class, Section & I.D.No. to be mentioned)
9. Mention if father or mother had been pupils of this school and if member/s of ASPEXS.
10. Class to which admission is sought.
A CHILD BORN BETWEEN 01.07.2006 AND 30.06.2007 IS ELIGIBLE FOR ADMISSION TO NURSERY II
A CHILD BORN BETWEEN 01.07.2007 AND 30.06.2008 IS ELIGIBLE FOR ADMISSION TO NURSERY I
The following ENCLOSURES must ACCOMPANY the application
1. A photocopy of the child’s birth registration certificate.
2. Documentary evidence of the last examination passed / degree taken, of both parents.
3. A photocopy of the Madhyamik Certificate of the parent if he/she was a pupil of this school.
4. A self-addressed envelope.
Bio informatics is the mixed study of biology and Information science.There are many institutes offering this course in india.Fee structure for BSc Bioinformatics, varies from university to university. also the scope of placement varies.
Generel eligibility for BSc Bioinformatics:
You should have passed 12th exam from a recoughnized board with BIOLOGY as a subject.
some of the reputed universities are asking for minimum 55% marks in 12th exam.