About St. Xavier's Collegiate School
St. Xavier's Collegiate School was established in the year 1860 in Kolkat a by the Jesuits. It is affiliated to the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations that conducts ICSE and ISC Examinations for class 10 and 12 and The school is also affiliated to the West Bengal Board of Secondary Education.
St. Xavier's Collegiate School has well quallificed faculty memers & staff members. The academic session of the school is from April to March. Saturday and Sunday are the normal weekly holidays.
St. Xavier's Collegiate School Admission Procedure and Admission Fee:-
1. Age Requirement: The child's date of birth must fall in the year 2005.
2. APPLICATION FORMS for admission to class ONE (2011-2012) will be issued from the Primary Section, 12A Wood Street (entrance from Hungerford Street), on Saturday 2nd and Sunday 3rd October 2010, only strictly between 9.30 a.m, and 11.00 a.m., against a fee of Rs. 200/- and two recent colour passport size photographs of the candidate. Each photograph is to have written, on the reverse:
1. Boy's name in full
2. Date of birth
3. Father's name
3. Only one application form per child shall be issued.
4. Only one person need come on the days noted above. Parents of prospective candidates are advised not to queue up in front of the school gates from early morning. All applicants will receive the application form on the dates and at the timings indicated above (no. 2). Parents are warned against undesirable elements hovering around the school while application forms are being distributed.
5. The VERIFICATION will be held in the Primary Section from around OCTOBER 27th to NOVEMBER 25th, 2010. The exact date and time of the verification will be indicated on the application form. There will be no reading of text, no writing, no number work.
6. Only the child and his parents shall be allowed to attend the verification session.
7. The following DOCUMENTS must be submitted at the time of the verification: (Write the Form number on top of each xerox copy)
(a) Application Form duly filled in;
(b) Original Birth Certificate and a xerox copy : e.g. from the Municipal Corporation. For a Catholic the Baptism Certificate is also required;
(c) Certificate of attendance signed by the Head of the School or Institution where the child is presently studying or has studied during the last six months, with the date of birth as entered in the school records, and the date of joining school;
(d) The employer's certificate of income - of both parents if applicable. Those who are self-employed or who have their own business are required to submit a personal statement of their yearly income. (Please do not submit income tax / audited Accounts).
(e) Original and a xerox copy of certificate of SC / ST / OBC / Others, if applicable.
8. All the original Certificates will be returned after verification (Keep the originals separately).
9. The Admission Committee is solely responsible for the processing of applications and for the final list of selected candidates. Their decision is final.
10. Recommendations are discouraged. Any attempt at seeking admission through dubious means, such as offering a donation, will automatically debar the candidate from the list of applicants. Parents are warned against so-called agents claiming to act on behalf of the school authorities. Any deficiency / discrepancy in the application will disqualify the applicant, at any time.
This school offers facilities like library, laboratories, well ventilated classrooms & a play area.
Contact Details/ Address of St. Xavier's Collegiate School
St. Xavier's Collegiate School
30 Mother Teresa Sarani
Kolkata 700 016
Ph: +91-33-2255 1171
Related Questions on Schools
Details about bioinformatics
Bio informatics is the mixed study of biology and Information science.There are many institutes offering this course in india.Fee structure for BSc Bioinformatics, varies from university to university. also the scope of placement varies.
Generel eligibility for BSc Bioinformatics:
You should have passed 12th exam from a recoughnized board with BIOLOGY as a subject.
some of the reputed universities are asking for minimum 55% marks in 12th exam.