Here you will find How to Prepare for CLAT Exam?
CLAT Undergraduate Exam:-
Total Marks - 200
Duration of examination - Two Hours
Subject areas with weightage :-
English including Comprehension - 40 Marks
General Knowledge/ Current Affairs - 50 Marks
Elementary Mathematics (Numerical Ability) - 20 Marks
Legal Aptitude - 50 Marks
Logical Reasoning - 40 Marks
CLAT Postgraduate Exam:-
Total Marks- 150
Duration of examination- Two Hours
Long Essay Type Descriptive Questions (Covering Constitutional Law and Jurisprudence)- 100 Marks (4 questions of 25 marks each)
Multiple-Choice Questions (Covering all compulsory law subjects prescribed by the BCI for the Under-Graduate Course except Constitutional Law and Jurisprudence) - 50 Marks (50 questions of 1 mark each)
Here you will find Useful Tips & Tricks to crack CLAT Exam.
CLAT Preparation Tips:-
English and comprehension preparation tips:-
Questions will be asked to test the knowledge of the candidate in English grammar and grasping power. In the comprehension section, questions will be asked on a given passage and understanding power of the candidates will be tested. Synonyms and antonyms are asked in the questions. Correction of sentences in grammar part and fill in the blanks will also be asked. For vocabulary, it is enough to study word power made easy by Norman Lewis and for grammar, Wren and Martin high school English grammar books should be studied.
General knowledge/ current affairs preparation tips:-
Questions in this category are of two types and they are stock GK and current affairs. Questions in current affairs will be dependent on the issues which took place in May 2010 to May 2011. Financial and geographical issues should be studied well. Kings and their rule, wars, changes in the constituency and advancements in Law should be studied. Other topics like agreements between countries, awards – winners, space research, space vehicles and related countries, countries – presidents – currency should be studied. Popular English news paper should be studied every day.
CLAT preparation Tricks:-
1. Selecting a good CLAT preparation course: There are certain authentic institutions that offer preparation courses for this examination. These institutions will provide you with sample papers, previous year’s question papers and books for CLAT study. These will surely help you achieve good marks in the test.
2. Managing Time: If you sit with a sample CLAT test paper, you must check whether you are capable of finishing the whole paper in 2 hours. There are many different sections in the question paper. For completing each section, you must set a time limit. This process will help you to finish the paper within the time frame.
3. Regular Practice: You have to keep solving more and more question papers based on this examination and practice more. You must go through the daily newspapers and keep updating your general knowledge. Writing essays and reading more about new words will help you to brush up your skills in language and comprehension.
Here you will find Recommended and Suggested Books for CLAT Exam.
- CLAT Test Papers fpr CLAT (Common Admission Test) 2010 By Gaurav Mehta
- Legal Apptitude And Legal Reasoning For The CLAT By A. P . Bharadwaj
- Guide To common Law Admission Test (CLAT) By Hema Raman
- LAT (Common Law Admission Test) By Mazumdar Rituparna
- Study Package for CLAT and LLB Entrance Examination by Bharadwaj
- Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) Guide By Rph Editorial Board