About 5 Year Integrated M.S Course
Here are the details of 5 Year Integrated M.S Course including duration, Eligibility, Admission Criteria, Fees and Syllabus.
The barrier between the traditional disciplines are fast disappearing. Modern research problems span a wide range of areas. It helps to have basic training in a range of disciplines to succeed in modern research. Accordingly, IISER-TVM MS curriculum is designed to be dominantly interdisciplinary.
1. The MS programme is of 10 semester duration.
2. Each academic year has 2 semesters of roughly 16 weeks each
1. Varsha Semester:August-December
2. Vasanth Semester:January-May
3. The first 2 years(ie. the first 4 semesters) will consist of CORE courses common to all students.
4. 3rd and 4th year courses will be specialized in one Major(Biology,Chemistry,Physics or Mathematics) and one or more Minors.
5. The fifth year will be devoted to a thesis by research.
For admission to the 2011-2012 academic year 5 year integrated M.S programme the following channels will be available:
1. KVPY (Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana): SA (2009)/SX (2010)/SB (2010)/SP (Passed 10+2 in 2010/2011).
2. IIT-JEE 2011 Merit List
3. DIRECT ADMISSION: Students with First Class in both X & XII board exams: Selection based on IISER science aptitude test. Eligibility for taking test consist of scoring above the cut-off marks in 10th and 12th for State/Central board examinations for INSPIRE fellowship as prescribed by the Department of Science and Technology, Govt. of India.(See link http://www.inspire-dst.gov.in/Inspire-Advertisement.pdf for cut-off marks).
About the College
IISER - Thiruvananthapuram (IISER- TVM) was established in 2008 by the Government of India, through the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) based on the recommendation of Scientific Advisory Council to the Prime Minister, IISER-TVM is an autonomous institution awarding five year integrated MS degree in addition to Ph.D degrees in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology and inter-disciplinary areas. The emphasis will be to develop a spirit of research cutting across disciplines from the beginning itself.
IISER-TVM is temporarily located in the Computer Science building of the College of Engineering, Trivandrum (CET). The permanent campus of 200 acres will be built at Vithura, at the foothills of the Ponmudi hills of the western ghats, about 40Kms from Thiruvananthapuram.
Other Courses offered by
IISER - Thiruvananthapuram (IISER- TVM)
- Category: Science, Engineering & Bio Technology
- Sub Category:
Other Institutes offering same Course
Address : Computer Science Building,
College of Engineering Trivandrum Campus,
Fax: 0471 2597427/2597438
I WAS COMPLETED MY B-TECH IN CHEMICAL ENGINEERING.
I WANT TO KNOW PIPE DESIGNING COURSE AND ITS PLACEMENTS
Following are the Institute offering Pipe designing courses
Institute of Piping Engineering & Building Services (IPEBS)
MIT School of Distance Education
Sir I had just passed HSC with science and i want to go for robotic engg.SO through which field I go so that i can opt robotic.Do I have to do B.E or B.Tech if yes then which field do I go in B.E or B.Tech.thank you.
The premier institute in Robotics is The Center for Robotics and Mechatronics at IIT (Indian Institute of Technology), Kanpur which offers a Master's Degree Course in Robotics. Other Institutes in India offering courses in Robotics: National Institute of Technology, the University of Hyderabad- M.Tech in Artificial Intelligence and Robotics, Jadavpur University, Kolkata, Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani, Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Learning, Prasanthinilayam, Tamil Nadu- M.Tech, PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore (Tamil Nadu) Mechanical (Robotics as an elective subject).
i need to join ME .i passed gate exam how can i apply
i can't get ur answer............sir...i got 33.33 in GATE 2012..can i get stipen and will i get PSG college for ME
What can i do? After 10th e.g diploma courser
Please see the following link:
I want to study an Engineering course(B.E or B.Tech Electrical & Electronics) as a Part Time on Anna university in Tamil nadu. Please I request you to provide me an admission & course details. Thanks.
Oh cool! Their admissions are still on?? I have heard their B. Tech program in cloud computing and virtualization technology is really good and they have a tie up with IBM. Anyway, not many colleges in India offer this course.