About 5 Year Integrated M.S Course
Here are the details of 5 Year Integrated M.S Course including duration, Eligibility, Admission Criteria, Fees and Syllabus.
The barrier between the traditional disciplines are fast disappearing. Modern research problems span a wide range of areas. It helps to have basic training in a range of disciplines to succeed in modern research. Accordingly, IISER-TVM MS curriculum is designed to be dominantly interdisciplinary.
1. The MS programme is of 10 semester duration.
2. Each academic year has 2 semesters of roughly 16 weeks each
1. Varsha Semester:August-December
2. Vasanth Semester:January-May
3. The first 2 years(ie. the first 4 semesters) will consist of CORE courses common to all students.
4. 3rd and 4th year courses will be specialized in one Major(Biology,Chemistry,Physics or Mathematics) and one or more Minors.
5. The fifth year will be devoted to a thesis by research.
For admission to the 2011-2012 academic year 5 year integrated M.S programme the following channels will be available:
1. KVPY (Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana): SA (2009)/SX (2010)/SB (2010)/SP (Passed 10+2 in 2010/2011).
2. IIT-JEE 2011 Merit List
3. DIRECT ADMISSION: Students with First Class in both X & XII board exams: Selection based on IISER science aptitude test. Eligibility for taking test consist of scoring above the cut-off marks in 10th and 12th for State/Central board examinations for INSPIRE fellowship as prescribed by the Department of Science and Technology, Govt. of India.(See link http://www.inspire-dst.gov.in/Inspire-Advertisement.pdf for cut-off marks).
About the College
IISER - Thiruvananthapuram (IISER- TVM) was established in 2008 by the Government of India, through the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) based on the recommendation of Scientific Advisory Council to the Prime Minister, IISER-TVM is an autonomous institution awarding five year integrated MS degree in addition to Ph.D degrees in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology and inter-disciplinary areas. The emphasis will be to develop a spirit of research cutting across disciplines from the beginning itself.
IISER-TVM is temporarily located in the Computer Science building of the College of Engineering, Trivandrum (CET). The permanent campus of 200 acres will be built at Vithura, at the foothills of the Ponmudi hills of the western ghats, about 40Kms from Thiruvananthapuram.
Other Courses offered by
IISER - Thiruvananthapuram (IISER- TVM)
- Category: Science, Engineering & Bio Technology
- Sub Category:
Other Institutes offering same Course
Address : Computer Science Building,
College of Engineering Trivandrum Campus,
Fax: 0471 2597427/2597438
@least marks for cet to get admission in medical
ADMISSION@MBBS CONTACT ON 9043865485
whether I can have education in Bachelor technology course along with MBA
I M A STUDENT OF CLASS 12(IT).
CAN I BE A STUDENT OF B.TECH IN COMPUTER SCIENCE
Yes, You can very well be a student of B.Tech Computer Science
What can i do? After 10th e.g diploma courser
Please see the following link:
i am going to complete (BSc honors) in chemistry .i wanna know about the colleges offerinf MSc. , MTech in chemistry and what is the eligiblity criteria.......
Here are some of the colleges, u can click on http://www.infinitecourses.com/Science-Engineering-Technology-Courses.aspx