About 5 Year Integrated M.S Course
Here are the details of 5 Year Integrated M.S Course including duration, Eligibility, Admission Criteria, Fees and Syllabus.
The barrier between the traditional disciplines are fast disappearing. Modern research problems span a wide range of areas. It helps to have basic training in a range of disciplines to succeed in modern research. Accordingly, IISER-TVM MS curriculum is designed to be dominantly interdisciplinary.
1. The MS programme is of 10 semester duration.
2. Each academic year has 2 semesters of roughly 16 weeks each
1. Varsha Semester:August-December
2. Vasanth Semester:January-May
3. The first 2 years(ie. the first 4 semesters) will consist of CORE courses common to all students.
4. 3rd and 4th year courses will be specialized in one Major(Biology,Chemistry,Physics or Mathematics) and one or more Minors.
5. The fifth year will be devoted to a thesis by research.
For admission to the 2011-2012 academic year 5 year integrated M.S programme the following channels will be available:
1. KVPY (Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana): SA (2009)/SX (2010)/SB (2010)/SP (Passed 10+2 in 2010/2011).
2. IIT-JEE 2011 Merit List
3. DIRECT ADMISSION: Students with First Class in both X & XII board exams: Selection based on IISER science aptitude test. Eligibility for taking test consist of scoring above the cut-off marks in 10th and 12th for State/Central board examinations for INSPIRE fellowship as prescribed by the Department of Science and Technology, Govt. of India.(See link http://www.inspire-dst.gov.in/Inspire-Advertisement.pdf for cut-off marks).
About the College
IISER - Thiruvananthapuram (IISER- TVM) was established in 2008 by the Government of India, through the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) based on the recommendation of Scientific Advisory Council to the Prime Minister, IISER-TVM is an autonomous institution awarding five year integrated MS degree in addition to Ph.D degrees in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology and inter-disciplinary areas. The emphasis will be to develop a spirit of research cutting across disciplines from the beginning itself.
IISER-TVM is temporarily located in the Computer Science building of the College of Engineering, Trivandrum (CET). The permanent campus of 200 acres will be built at Vithura, at the foothills of the Ponmudi hills of the western ghats, about 40Kms from Thiruvananthapuram.
Other Courses offered by
IISER - Thiruvananthapuram (IISER- TVM)
- Category: Science, Engineering & Bio Technology
- Sub Category:
Other Institutes offering same Course
Address : Computer Science Building,
College of Engineering Trivandrum Campus,
Fax: 0471 2597427/2597438
Is there any software engineering college in mumbai.......if so please reply at firstname.lastname@example.org
ADMISSION@ENGINEERING CONTACT ON 7208685823 THROUGH MANAGEMENT QUOTA
my marks are 40 in aieee can i get admission in baba ramdev kn engineering college
for admission in ramdev baba contact us..we provide top engineering colleges like VIT ,Rv, RAMAIAH,BMS,PESIT,HINDUSTAN,SATHYABHAMA,SRM,MVIT,DAYANAND SAGAR,SJBIT,NAGARJUNA,ACHARYA, MIT AND MANY MORE COLLEGES.for admission in top btech/mtech colleges do contact us...admission in management quota in bangalore vellor chenai mumbai pune ngp delhi for courses like engineering mba mbbs md mds bds bbm bca bcom mca pharma or any other course do contact 9379660310 shiksha consultancy bangalore .advance booking open... send ur contact and academic details here.. email@example.com
I am pursuing B.E. (I.T./8th sem). I am confused regarding my future prospects. what i can opt for after my graduation. pls help
It all depends upon ur interest. If u r interested in pursuing higher education after your Btech the options are M Tech , MCA, if u r good in programming and want to work in IT sector else do a MBA if u want to pursue a career in Management.. I would advise u to work after ur BE for atleast 2 -3 yrs. and then do a full time or part time MBA.
Hai, I am Murugam, i have done Mechanical Engineering. now i want to do Placement oriented courses in mechanical field. Please suggest me best institute.
Do you need a best lifestyle to live after your Mechanical engineering, Seabird engineering offers you one of the best lifestyles through their training program in oil and gas field it’s like a dream come true.
All oil and gas industry needs Piping engineers who execute work, almost all oil and gas industries prefer seabird engineering trained and certified candidates to run its business smoothly.
sir i hve given my 12th hsc exams and preparing for CET i am solemly interested in electrical engineering How much should i minimum score to get admission in any college in nashik in open category.