About B.A. LL.B. (Hons.) Course
Here are the details of B.A. LL.B. (Hons.) Course including duration, Eligibility, Admission Criteria, Fees and Syllabus.
Duration:- 5 years
ELIGIBILITY FOR ADMISSION
Admission to the B.A. LL.B. (Hons.) degree course shall be based on the performance in the Common Law Admission Test (CLAT).
a) The candidate for CLAT shall have passed the Higher Secondary Certificate examination (10+2) or an examination recognized as equivalent thereto with 50 % marks.
b) Exemption from the requirement of the minimum of 50% for the qualifying examination is given to the candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes (SC/ST), Persons With Disability (PWD) and candidates belonging to Other Backward Classes (declared as such in the State of Kerala). These categories are allowed to apply for CLAT if they do have not less than 45 % marks obtained in the qualifying examination.
c) The candidate shall not have completed 20 years of age as on 1st July, 2010. However, candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC (declared eligible for reservation in the State of Kerala) and Persons With Disability (PWD) shall not have completed 22 years of age as on 1st July, 2010.
d) Students who are appearing for the qualifying examination are allowed to appear for CLAT. However, they should submit the results of the qualifying examination at the time of admission/ interview. If they do not do so, the candidates shall be considered ineligible.
INTAKE AND RESERVATION
The intake for the B. A. LL. B. (Hons.) Degree Course shall be 65. The seats shall be apportioned as follows:
Category - Percentage - Seats
- All India Merit (51%) - 33
- State Merit (Kerala) (10%) - 7
- Scheduled Castes (8%) - 5
- Scheduled Tribes (2%) - 1
- Backward and Other Backward Classes (26%) - 17
- Persons with Disability (3%) - 2
Total - (100%) - 65
- Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Backward and Other Backward Classes mean communities as identified and listed as such for admission to professional courses, by the Government of Kerala.
- SC/ST candidates shall have to produce community certificates issued by the competent authorities in the State of Kerala. Candidates seeking admission against the seats reserved for SEBC shall, in addition to the community certificate, produce a non-creamy layer certificate issued by the competent authority in Kerala. For details visit www.nuals.ac.in.
- Seats reserved for the Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes shall be inter-changeable. In case sufficient candidates are not available for seats reserved for SC/ST, OBC or PWD, such seats shall be filled up under open merit quota.
- Candidates seeking admission against seats reserved for State Merit Quota shall produce ‘Nativity Certificate’ as prescribed by the Government of Kerala for admission to professional courses in the State.
Special Features About
B.A. LL.B. (Hons.)
About the College
The National University of Advanced Legal Studies (NUALS) was established by the State of Kerala by Act 27 of 2005 to be a national level institute of excellence in higher learning of law in the State. The Government of Kerala constituted this University by merging the erstwhile National Institute for Advanced Legal Studies (NIALS), which was established and managed by the Bar Council of Kerala and Bar Council of Kerala Trust. NIALS was then the approved centre of the Cochin University of Science & Technology and recognised by that University. By the merging of NIALS to the University, all the students of NIALS became the students of this University and all the assets and liabilities were also transferred.
Other Courses offered by
National University of Advanced Legal Studies (NUALS)
- Category: Arts, Law & Languages
- Sub Category:
Other Institutes offering same Course
Address : Kaloor, Kochi - 682 017, Kerala
Tel : 0484 - 2337363, Fax : 0484 2337857
I finished my HSC from ARTS can i do BBA or BCA?
u cann do bba but for doing mca first do ba n then mca for 3 years n then u can get a software job....
Hi, I have done my B.tech, and in job for about 9 years in marketing, currently - I am interested in pursuing law, please suggest me the distance education program, is distance program valid, what is the best stream in the course to choose in it
Please see the following link:
Which are the best law colleges in India that offer distance learning law?
west law collage in India search in:-http://openedu.entrancecorner.com/university/institute.html
sir i have 47 %marks in hss can ido llb course
Difficult, but you can try...
Respected sir/ Madam,
I am doing my MBA in human resources. i have still one more year to go then i would be working in the field of HR. But, I have got a great burning interest in me to do a masters in English Literature.I cannot afford to take up two more years of education. I would like to pursue distance education. Please let me know about the Best colleges in India providing distance education in MASTERS in literature.
Please see the following link: