About MBBS Course
Here are the details of MBBS Course including duration, Eligibility, Admission Criteria, Fees and Syllabus.
Duration:- 4½ years followed by one year of compulsory rotating internship.
Eligibility:- 10+2 in Science with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, English
(1) 21 seats in the MBBS Course and 26 seats in the BDS course will be filled up on the basis of merit list prepared through a competitive entrance examination conducted by Association of Un-aided Sikh Minority Medical & Dental Institutions (Punjab State) on All India basis for Sikh minority community candidates only. Those desirous of admission against NRI seats in the M.B.B.S. Course may contact the Director-Principal/Principal of the respective Institute for a separate Information Brochure/application form, etc.
(2) All eligible candidates shall be considered for admission under the General category.
(3) In addition, a candidate can seek reservation in one or more than one reserved category at the time of submitting the application form for competitive test. He will be considered for such a reservation only if _
(a) he indicates in his application form, the reservation category or categories under which he is eligible and wants to be considered;
(b) he submits along with the application form all the documents required for the concerned reservation category
(4) Any seat left unfilled under any reserved category due to non-availability of eligible candidates will be transferred to the General Category.
(5) Only such candidates will be eligible under category B whose parent/grandparent has undergone imprisonment for an aggregate period of not less than 30 (thirty) days and submits certificate(s) duly issued by the concerned Jail Superintendent(s) only.
(6) Sons/daughters of staff members of the Medical and Dental Institutes and the S.G.P.C. under category C will be eligible for admission only if the candidate's parent is in continuous service of the respective Institute/Shiromani Committee for at least five years. However, a staff member of the Medical/Dental Institute, who does not have 5 years of continuous service may also be given benefit of this reservation if he/she fills up a bond to serve the Institution continuously for a total period of seven years, failing which he/she will have to deposit with the Institute a sum of Rs.15 lacs in lieu of the admission of his/her ward. The Institute/Trust however has the inherent right to remove at any time the concerned staff member under the Service Rules of the Institutes/Trust. If any staff member under the above said Bond fails to deposit the amount of Rs.15 lacs or part thereof, the name of his/her ward shall be struck off the Institute Rolls.
The Candidate is eligible to receive the degree of MBBS only after successfully completing one year compulsory Internship, after passing the Final Professional MBBS Examination. Since internship is an integral part of MBBS Course, no student will be allowed to do Internship outside the parent Institution under any circumstances.
Special Features About
CET Conducted by Punjab State Government, AIPMT
About the College
Sri Guru Ram Das Institute of Medical Sciences & Research is one of the best Medical Institute in Amritsar whic was established in the year 1997 and is affiliated to Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Faridkot.
The institute was named after the fourth Sikh Guru, Sri Guru Ram Das, the founder of holy city of Amritsar. The first batch passed out in December, 2002.
The Institute is coming up fast at the Amritsar-Mehta Road with a sprawling new campus in about 65 acres of land. An ultra modern 992-bed new hospital building has been constructed within the new campus of the Medical Institute and is expected to be functional soon with the latest facilities required of a modern hospital in various specialities and super-specialities, at an estimated cost of Rs. 50 crores.
At present clinical teaching of medical students is conducted at old Sri Guru Ram Das Charitable Hospital, which is 400 bedded hospital located in the heart of Sri Amritsar city near Sri Darbar Sahib (Golden Temple). This hospital is having all the latest equipments and facilities for 50 M.B.B.S. admissions. Electricity supply within the campus is through the Punjab State Electricity Board. In addition, the Institute has installed high power generators. There is round-the- clock uninterrupted electricity supply within the campus including the hostels and residential premises.
At the new Campus, a Cancer Hospital, named Sri Guru Ram Das Rotary Cancer Hospital has started functioning for Radiotherapy and Chemotherapy by a latest Cobalt Unit. Service of Brach therapy is going to be started very soon, equipment and building for which are already in position.
Other Courses offered by
Sri Guru Ram Das Institute of Medical Sciences & Research
- Category: Medical, Dental & Clinical Research
- Sub Category:
Other Institutes offering same Course
Address : Mehta Road, Valla, Sri Amritsar - 143 501
Tel: 0183-2589808-09, 2587615, 3299311
i want admission in government medical college nagpur. i got 174/200 in pcb at mh-cet-2011 entrance exams. i appeared from nagpur.i am from open category. my rank is 540 in maharashtra and 81 in vidarbha. i want to know will i get the admission at gmc nagpur?. what were the cut off marks of gmc nagpur for the last year?. how many seats are available for open category at gmc nagpur?. if i cant get admission at gmc nagpur, which are the other medical colleges where i can get the admission on the basis of my marks and rank in mh-cet-2011 entrance exams, the available seats in these colleges for open category for candidates appeared from nagpur and their last year cut off marks.
we provide top medical colleges.for admission in top medical colleges do contact us...admission in management quota in bangalore vellor chenai mumbai pune ngp delhi for courses like engineering mba mbbs md mds bds bbm bca bcom mca pharma or any other course do contact 9379660310 shiksha consultancy bangalore .advance booking open... send ur contact and academic details here.. email@example.com
can you suggest me a masters degree course in radiology
for admission in md contact on 9043865485
im doing BDS. i want to do Masters of public health in abroad. what is its scope ????
Public health at abroad has got great career particularly in Canada and Australia ! Wrtie to me more we can assiste you in getting student visa for such program. firstname.lastname@example.org . 09263636542 / 09431536390.
i want to continue my studing as master degree in dentistry in denamark at aarhus
Ya its possible , you may write to me for more discussion as we also assist in student visa, we will guide you thoroughly how to pursue Masters program DENTISTRY. 09263636542.
WHEN IS THE MEDICAL COUNSELLING....AND HOW TO APPLY FOR IT!!
we provide top medical(MBBS,MD,MDS,BDS,M.S,PHARMA,DIPLOMA) colleges with best training,teaching faculty with best instrument and latest medical intruments and hopitals.For admission in top medical colleges do contact us.Admission in management quota in KARNATAKA/MAHARASHTRA do contact 9379660310 shiksha consultancy bangalore.send ur contact and academic details email@example.com