About Post Graduate Programme in Corporate Studies (PGPCS) Course
Here are the details of Post Graduate Programme in Corporate Studies (PGPCS) Course including duration, Eligibility, Admission Criteria, Fees and Syllabus.
Duration : 22 months
This 22 months program with dual specialisation will be covered over four terms. Classroom sessions will be held over sixteen weeks in each term
The entire course will be covered through lectures, case studies, role plays, presentations and self study. Apart from this the students will be provided extensive inputs in soft skills, communication skils, GD, PL, yoga and meditation for spiritual and personality development. To facilitate learning each student will be provided with a Lap-top.
Commences with induction to help students familiarize and get themselves acquainted with the ethos and environment of the Institute. In this term, students will be provided with inputs, mainly in areas of general / basic management as well as functinal areas to enable them to opt for their major area of specialisation. Training in the chosen foreign language will start in this term and will continue over the subsequent three terms.
1. Principles and Practices of Management
2. Materials & Manufacturing Management I
3. Managerial Accounting
4. Managerial Economics
5. Marketing Management
6. International Business
7. IT for Managers
8. Quantitative Techniques
9. Organisational Behaviour
10. Foreign Language - Level I
Major Specialisation entails study of 6 subjects, Minor Specialisation entails study of 3 subjects.
Focuses on functional areas and lays the foundations for subjects in the relevant areas of specialization. Apart from this the student is required to complete study in 2 subjects of his / her area of major specialisation. Summer Training of 8 weeks, which is included in this term, is compulsory for all students and carries equal weightage, same as the other subjects, for purposes of evaluation.
1. Business Communication
2. Human Resources Management
3. Finance Management
4. Business Environment
5. Research Methodology
6. Foreign Language - Level II
7. Major Specialisation 1
8. Major Specialisation 2
9. Materials & Manufacturing Management II
10. Summer Training
Concentrates on the streams of major and minor specialisation wherein the student will study the remaining four subjects from the selected specialisation and three from the minor specialisation. This term also includes International Study Tour.
1. Major Specialisation 3
2. Major Specialisation 4
3. Major Specialisation 5
4. Major Specialisation 6
5. Minor Specialisation 1
6. Minor Specialisation 2
7. Minor Specialisation 3
8. Management Control System
9. Innovation and Entrepreneurship
10. Foreign Language Level-III
Is reserved mainly for independent project work to be completed by students in keeping with guidelines given by the Institute and inputs from the Faculty / Guide. Significant subjects in management will be completed through classroom teaching in this term.
1. Business Law
2. Corporate Governance Social Responsibilities
3. Customer Relationship Management
4. Strategic Management
5. Project Management
6. Foreign Language Level-IV
7. Two Project Reports
(Equivalent to four courses)
2. NRI/Foreign Nationals
3. Industry sponsored
How to apply?
Candidates may apply for selection in the registration form enclosed with this prospectus or online.
Interested candidates should fill up the application form in the prospectus and submit the same along with the requisite documents at the Registrar's office within the stipulated time. (Students are requested to check the same with the Registrar's office)
On receipt of the filled up application form for selection the candidate will be intimated the time and venue for the written exam. Candidates with GMAT, TOEFL, CAT , MAT , XAT scores(40% and above) will not be required to appear for our written test. Others will essentially have to clear our exam. All candidates irrespective of the above will have to appear for GD & PI
Candidates who are selected will be informed within two weeks of completion of the selection process. They will have to pay the fees as per the schedule given by the institute.
Industry sponsored candidates may be considered for admission when sponsored by Industry / Business house with a registered annual turnover of minimum 5 crores. Such candidates will not be eligible for placement by the institute.
Graduates and Post Graduates of a recognized University with a minimum of 50% marks in the aggregate of all years.
Candidates appearing for the final examination in April 2009 may also apply. Admission of such candidates will be provisional and will be accepted in the event of fulfilling the above requirements, not later than October 2009.
1.Fees are non-refundable.
2.For every day of delay in payment of fees (2nd installment), a fine of Rs. 150/- per day will be levied.
3.Additional boarding & lodging charges will be approximately Rs. 4,000/- to 5,000/- per month (inclusive of breakfast and lunch)
* Certified copies of the following documents need to be submitted at the time of the selection process
* X standard / S.S.C certificate indicating date of birth.
* XII standard / H.S.C - Marks list.
* Graduation - Marks list.
* Resume not exceeding one page.
* Passport size coloured photographs - 3 copies.
Tuition fees (including taxes at existing rates) Year
For Open Category:- Rs. 1,99, 804/- only
For NRI:- Rs. 2,78,456/- only
For Industry Sponsored:- Rs. 2,89,692/- only
For Open Category:- Rs 1,99,804/- only
For NRI: Rs. 2,78,456/- only
For Industry Sponsored: Rs. 2,89,692/- only
The above mentioned fees are inclusive of expenditure towards international study tour, laptop, library deposit ,uniform, industry visits, student development programs. Facility for payment in instalments may be considered on case to case basis.
Prospectus & Application forms are available on payment of Rs. 750/-in cash or Rs. 800 by post through DD in favor of International School of Corporate Management, Pune. Prospectus can also be purchased from our Academic Consultants in selected areas.
About the College
We are happy to report excellent placements for PGPCS batch – III which passed out in June 2009. We have achieved over 85% placements with a range of 1.8 to 7.2 lacs p.a. with one student being placed with a Dubai Co. We have achieved this despite the recession and well above the average of around 50% for other Management Institutes in Pune.
PRISM batch- III is in the process of being placed and we are confident that we would achieve similar results with the batch too.
ISCOM, clearly, has its priorities right. We believe, our differentials, which I list below for your reference, are sound and a testimony to our performance.
a) Choice of 10 sought-after subjects for dual specialization.
b) Top-of-the-line Faculty for programme delivery.
c) Sustained Personality Development and Softskills training.
d) Regular Industry Visits and case studies.
e) Emphasis on English language training. Lately, a compulsory
Cambridge English certification programme for all students have been
f) All-India tie-up with Bank of Baroda for education loans for our courses.
g) Uniform/Laptop/Wi-Fi Connection & International Study Tour as part of our management programmes.
h) Training in a Foreign Language as part of the Course Curriculum for PGPCS.
i) Participation in various social activities like Blood Donation Camps, etc for a well rounded personality of our students.
j) Excellent industry linkages of Director and Faculty.
k) Assured placement for PRISM and dedicated placement assistance for PGPCS.
- Every PGPCS student gets a free laptop
- Foreign study tour for PGPCS - to get first hand exposé to International Business
- Dual Specialization - Major and Minor
- Concept of course heads for specialization wherein the faculty enounces total delivery of the course : Every specialization has a course head who's responsibility it is to ensure total delivery of the course, he/she has the option to introduce a new faculty if essential, to monitor the completion of syllabus in due time by the faculty, keeping track of the syllabus, ensuring reference books indicated by the faculty are available in the library for the students.
- Mentor and Buddy systems : Groups of students are associated with a Mentor who is a faculty. The mentor constantly reviews the students' performance guiding them and advising them on curricular and personal developmental aspects. In the Buddy system a senior student is attached to a junior who helps his buddy (junior) to do the assigned projects, class work etc. efficiently and correctly.
- Substantial time spent on personal Development of students : Personal development of students is an essential part of the training at the Institute. This involves complete training of students in his day to day life so that he is fully prepared to face up to the demands of his future professional as well as personal life.
- Counseling every day with one student by the Director himself : The Director himself counsels individually each student where in an open discussion is held between the two. Thiese interactions are aimed at improvement in all aspects of life at the Institute.
- Finer aspects of Soft Skills development : The Director lunches with 3 students wherein the finer points of table manners and etiquette are explained. Plus detailed soft skill classes are held by the Director.
- Industrial visits : The whole batch is sent for industrial visits to corporates in and around Pune, so as to make the students familiar with the functioning of Corporates
- Tie ups with corporates for continuous assignment on line : We have arranged to attach students with number of corporates as interns to undertake projects assigned by executives. These are mostly done on line and after classes. This is a continuous process and if a student leaves after the course, the next student takes on the assignment from the point it was left by his predecessor. Needless to say this experience exposes the students to corporate culture and work ethics.
ISCOM has signed an MOU with Elmwood College, Scotland (UK) for a new and exclusive course in Golf Management. In this students will earn multiple certifications from Elmwood and the Royal & Ancient Golf Club of St Andrews. Similarly a course in Air Transport Management is also in process. These specializations, however, are planned to be introduced in the July 2010 batch.
Address : "Shroff Suyash", S. No. 74 + 75/2, 3rd Floor
Pancard Club Rd, Baner, Pune- 411045.
+91 9823118881, +91 9823036841, +91 9860399515
I have done BE in instrumentation and currently have 2.5 years of experiance as project engineer. Now I am thinking to do MBA but i am little bit confused about stream and type of course to select. So can you please tell me should i go for full time / part time / distance / executive type of MBA. Also please suggest me the stream.
thanks in advance.
since you are working as project engineer for 2.5 yrs an executive MBA suites you well.But you must be careful in selecting the quality EMBA program.
NIBM Global is one quality institute which i know personally .NIBM is one of the leading institute in India to provide quality Online MBA programs.
They provide internationally accepted 1yr executive MBA for professionals,2 yr online MBA also.They have online MBA programs affiliated with Bharathiar university which is
AICTE,UGC,DEC approved.Syllabus of NIBM EMBA meets international standards.for more details send your queries to firstname.lastname@example.org
i got a very low score in graduatio
You can think of taking an Online MBA where low score will not be a problem. But you must be careful in selecting the quality EMBA program. NIBM Global is one quality institute which i know personally .NIBM is one of the leading institute in India to provide quality Online MBA programs. They provide internationally accepted 1yr executive MBA for professionals,2 yr online MBA also.They have online MBA programs affiliated with Bharathiar university which is AICTE,UGC,DEC approved.Syllabus of NIBM EMBA meets international standards. for more details send your queries to email@example.com or visit their website http://nibmglobal.com
Sir/Madam, I have completed MBA in Finance..... I am working.....I want to get myself educated more in the field of finance and accounting...could you pls suggest me a best course which will have a very good scope in future.....But I am working...could you suggest me a course according to that.
Indian Management School & Research Centre provides distance courses in more than 40 specializations.
Flexibility like Fast track mode,Dual specialization,Home exam facility
For details contact : 27810756/57
Do visit: www.imsrindia.com
i have completed my bba n i want to pursue executive mba. i need a good job which a plain bba cant get so i want to pursue some diploma or short term courses.please guide me
NIBM Global is one quality institute which i know personally .NIBM is one of the leading institute in India to provide quality Online MBA programs. They provide internationally accepted 1yr executive MBA for professionals,2 yr online MBA also.They have online MBA programs affiliated with Bharathiar university which is AICTE,UGC,DEC approved.Syllabus of NIBM EMBA meets international standards.for more details send your queries to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit their website http://nibmglobal.com
After engeenering which is better MBA or M.tech
M tech will be a good option as it is more technology related and you can utilize the knowledge you gained through B.Tech. Also it is possible to do internationally accepted Online MBA at any time of your career without leaving the job.Institutes like NIBM Global is providing quality Online MBA in India.