AIIMS- All India Institute of Medical Sciences is one of India's best Medical Institution and was established in year 1956 by an act of Parliament with the objects to develop patterns of teaching in Undergraduate and Post-graduate Medical Education in all its branches so as to demonstrate a high standard of Medical Education in India.
AIIMS conducts teaching programs in medical and para-medical courses both at undergraduate and postgraduate levels and awards its own degrees. The Institute has comprehensive facilities for teaching, research and patient-care. Teaching and research are conducted in 43 disciplines. In the field of medical research AIIMS is the lead, having more than 620 research publications by its faculty and researchers in a year.
Every college creates its own reputation by providing hi-quality education and world class facilities. AIIMS also believes in providing world class facilities to its students.
• Every medical college needs more number of books than any other specialized institute. The institute has a two floor library covering an area of 27000 square feet and seating capacity of 300 persons. The library has four sections in it and has around 71844 books, 66825 bound journals, 5309 thesis and 17034 pamphlets.
• The institute offers computer centre to provide facility like teaching, research, thesis guidance and computerization of patient care activities. Professor who is in charge of this computer lab is Dr. P. P. Kotwal.
• Central Workshop has been offered for the students to repair and maintenance of World Class Biomedical Equipments later on it was also assigned to train technicians for medical equipment’s maintenance.
• Electron Microscope (EM) laboratory is placed in Department of Anatomy in the institute. It is presently known as Sophisticated Analytical Instrument Facility (SAIF).
• A Patent Cell has been set up to facilitate the processing and filing of patents by inventors working at AIIMS.
• The Stem Cell facility was started to initiate Clinical and Basic Research in the emerging field of Stem Cells.
• Telemedicine is an emerging field in healthcare arising out of the synergistic convergence of Information Technology with Medical Science having enormous potential in meeting the challenges of healthcare.
• The institute also provides transport facility to the students. This facility is provided on the availability of vehicles, Vehicles are run between AIIMS and CRHSP Ballabgarh for transport of faculty, residents and students.
All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) Admissions
The institute will soon conduct its entrance exam test for admission of 2013 batch.
All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) Faculty
Designation : Professor and Head
Dr MK Arora
Designation : Professor
Dr A Trikha
Designation : Professor
All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) Placements
It has a dedicated placement cell. The students get the benefit of having high and good contacts of their institute with the reputed companies.
All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) Campus Photos
All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) News
Institute Location on Map