BITM was started in the year 2002 . It is an AICTE approved institute run by Sri Balaji Society, is governed by President, Prof. (Col.) A. Balasubramanian.. BITM has been ranked 3rd amongst the top B-Schools in Telecom & Management in India by 'Outlook' (Dated September 27, 2004).
BITM trains its student managers to become the enablers of tomorrow's world. It strives to transform individuals into multi-faceted, multi-skilled, multi-lingual, dynamic, well-groomed and well-trained corporate citizens through intense grooming with a variety of our course specializations ranging from Telecom, Marketing, Finance, Operations, and Systems, with focus on IT & Telecom Management. The students are compatible and enabled for all sectors of the industry and also cater to the niche segment of the ever-changing and dynamic telecom industry.
The institute has one of the eye catching campuses in the country. It spreads over an area of 16.5 acres of land with latest and mind-blowing amenities as per the student’s requirements. It offers the best possible facilities within one roof and no one can even imagine about the facilities which are offered in this institute. All the facilities are offered at free of cost except the gym and Swimming pool which charges 300 rupees per month. And the students who need to use the Wi-Fi facility should pay a sum of rupees 2500 for registering their laptops. Along with this it also offers various facilities like:-
• IT Labs
• Auditorium and Open Air Theatre
• Sports & Recreation
• Hostel Accommodation for both boys as well as girls separately
• In-house Medical Facilities
• Server Room
Balaji Institute of Telecom and Management (BITM) Admissions
Eligibility for management programme in this institute is quite same as the other institutes in the country. Candidates should have passed their 10+2+3 exams with not less than 50% marks in aggregate and 45% for reserved category. Candidates who are applying should be physically and mentally fit and should follow the rules and regulations of this institute.
1. Candidate should have applied for the CAT/ MAT/ CMAT exams to apply for the management courses. The institute does not have any kind of cut off targets to qualify the entrance test; it only gives 30% of the weightage to the entrance exam, while creating the merit list.
2. After the successful entrance test selected candidates are called up for the Group Discussion (GD) round this includes role play, case studies and extempore speech and GD. This round will take 30- 45 minutes of duration for each group. 40% of weightage is given in the merit list to the GD process. This round also includes essay writing which is of 30 marks and fifty percent of marks will be counted. Topic will be given on the spot related to nature or current affairs. Student will be given 30 minutes to do their best in this scenario.
3. Next is the personal interview (PI) in the lineup. Scores of CAT/ MAT/ CMAT exams will be verified at the time of personal interview. According to the performance based on this interview candidates will be selected for the course and incase if he/ she has not selected for the course in which he/ she has recommended for then suitable courses will be considered and will be selected on merit.
Balaji Institute of Telecom and Management (BITM) Placements
List of reputed companies who visited at institute's campus for placement last year :-
• 99 Acres
• ABG Group
• ACC Cements Ltd.
• Afcon Infrastructure Ltd
• Alfa laval
• Alicon Castalloy Ltd.
• Alicon Group
• All Cargo Logistics Ltd
Balaji Institute of Telecom and Management (BITM) Campus Photos
Institute Location on Map