BIM offers one of the most coveted MBA programmes in India. Entry to this course is regulated through a rigorous selection process. BIM has an annual intake of 120 students.
BIM boasts of a faculty profile that would make any institution proud. The core faculty in the various streams is backed with academic knowledge and industry experience and actively works on research projects throughout the year. The academic structure at BIM is such that academic inputs provided by the core faculty are backed by industrial knowledge imparted by the Guest Lectures. The visiting faculty are also carefully chosen to ensure only the best teach at BIM.
The curriculum at BIM is kept contemporary and relevant to the needs of the industry. This is achieved by a comprehensive revamping effort that takes place every year which is driven by noted academicians and industrialists.The students at BIM come from a multitude of educational backgrounds. While roughly half of the students are engineers the rest is composed of a melange of commerce arts and science graduates. This is substantiated by the fact that more than half the class enters the course backed with prior experience in the industry.
BIM's premier status has been endorsed by various agencies. Many of the Business School surveys have rated BIM as one of the top business schools in India.BIM's unique and successful partnership with BHEL and its rapid rise as premier management institute in the country has become the subject of a case study at IIM Ahmedabad for the Asia-Pacific conference on higher education.
• The library has an impressive collection of more than 15000 books and 650 cds that cover all contemporary management literature. Students also have access to the BHEL Main library and the central library of Bharathidasan University.
• Computer centres functioning 24 hours a day, 7 days a week provide the students with a comprehensive collection of management related software and business specific database.
• All classrooms are fully air conditioned and equipped with audio visual aids like LCD projector, Direct Overhead Projector, Television and a Computer with multi-media facilities and Internet facility.
• The course is fully residential with separate hostels for men and women. Both the hostels are located within the BHEL complex in the vicinity of the Institute. The hostels (Type-3 quarters having one hall and two rooms with 24 hours internet connectivity) have fully furnished rooms on double occupancy basis.
• The Ladies Hostel also has sports and video facilities separately for ladies. The welfare activities in the hostels are managed solely by the Welfare Com; Mess Com. is in charge of running the mess and Sys Com. ensures that students get the advantage of uninterrupted internet access at all hours of the day and night.
Bharathidasan Institute of Management (BIM) Admissions
• Bachelors or Post Graduate Degree or its equivalent in any discipline with a minimum of 50% marks.
• Final Year Degree students may also apply, subject to completion of the degree requirements with minimum 50% marks by July 2013.
• CAT 2012 Scores are used for shortlisting candidates who apply for admission to BIM.
• All applicants to BIM should take CAT Online Test (Conducted by IIMs from 11th Oct to 6th Nov 2012)
Bharathidasan Institute of Management (BIM) Faculty
Designation - Professor
Qualification - B.Com MBA (BIM)
Work Experience - 22 years
Designation - Associate Professor
Qualification - MSc.,MBA.,Ph.D
Work Experience - 14 years, 2 years in industry and 12 years in academics.
Area of Specialization - Financial Reporting, Corporate Finance, Entrepreneurship, Corporate Governance, HR related topics (such as People Skills, Personality, Stress Management, Leadership and Creativity)
P. David Jawahar
Designation - Professor & Centre Head, Centre for Contemporary Management Research
Qualification - B.A (Corporate Secretaryship), M.B.A – Human Resource Management, PhD – Organisational Behaviour
Work Experience - More than 24 years.
Bharathidasan Institute of Management (BIM) Placements
• ABP Pvt Ltd
• Accenture Services Pvt Ltd
• Amba Research India Pvt Ltd
• Ashok Leyland
• Asian Paints
• Avery Dennison India Pvt Ltd
• Aviva Life Insurance
• Bajaj Allianz
• Bajaj Auto Finance Ltd
• Balmer Lawrie & Co Ltd
• Berger Paints
• Bharti Realty Ltd
• BIG FM
• Café Coffee day
• Castrol Ltd
• Citibank NA
• City Union Bank
• Cognizant Technology Solutions
Bharathidasan Institute of Management (BIM) Campus Photos
Bharathidasan Institute of Management (BIM) News
BIM Admission 2013 Notification
Date : January 11, 2013
Firstly you have to take application forms directly from the college and then you have to visit the ...
Tie up with BHEL
Date : August 10, 2012
BHEL had tied up with BIM to train their Engineer Trainees on 'Organizational Effectiveness and Proj ...
TAFE - Supply Chain Management
Date : July 30, 2012
Dr. Jaya Krishna, BIM faculty is conducting the 2 nd module of the MDP on "Supply Chain Managem ...
Institute Location on Map