The Elphinstone Institution was formally constituted in 1835. Elphinstone College occupies a unique position in the annals of education in the country. It is one of the rarest institutions, born even before the University of Mumbai, to which it was later on affiliated.
Recently the Elphinstone College has been accredited ‘A’ grade by NAAC (National Assessment & Accreditation Council). The report submitted by the Peer Team appreciates the efforts taken by its teachers to maintain a student friendly atmosphere & brilliant results.
• Elphinstone College has a monumental structure of its building which is very adorable by everyone who sees it.
• The college library is stocked with more than 88000 books. It has also subscribed various journals of national and international repute.
• The college provides computing facilities with high speed internet connectivity. Computer lab has latest machines with updated software.
• Elphinstone College celebrates inter-collegiate festivals viz; Tech Tsar, Maharashtra Utsav. Students involve themselves in those festivals with full dedication.
• It has a gymkhana for the fitness of its students and also has well equipped laboratories with all the required equipments.
• The college also has NSS unit which performs various social services projects during the year. It also has a sports committee for the interested students.
Elphinstone College Admissions
Elphinstone College Admission 2019-20:-
Mumbai University Admission Circular 2019-20
Elphinstone College Faculty
Dr. (Mrs.) Pratima S Jadhav is the principal of the institute.
Smt. Deepa Hirani is the co-ordinator of Biotechnology department.
Shri. S. S. Dhure and Shri. A. B. Deshpande are the co-ordinators of Information Technology department.
Elphinstone College Placements
Placement information is available on the official website of the institute.
Elphinstone College Campus Photos
Institute Location on Map