NAAC ACCREDITED B+ Government College for Girls, Sector-42, is situated in southern part of Chandigarh- the City Beautiful. The College with its impressive building and rich infrastructure caters to the academic and professional needs of girls not only from Chandigarh and adjoining rural areas but also from different states of India. The college was established in the year 1982 with Arts and Commerce faculties and was initially located in the school building in Sector-19, Chandigarh before it was shifted to its present campus in the year 1987. At the initial stage there were 300 students and 20 teachers in the college. The science faculty was added in the year 1989. The college is affiliated to the Panjab University, Chandigarh. A twenty seven year old college, serving the cause of women empowerment, has entered the stage of confidence and optimism.
• The college has well maintained beautiful campus with all the facilities for the girls of the college.
• It has a huge library with vast collection of books and periodicals to enhance knowledge in various fields of education.
• The college also encourages its students to get involve in various sports activities for the physical development of the students.
• The students of this college have even played varied sports at state and national levels. The students have also won many medals at inter-collegiate competition.
• It publishes a magazine named ‘SHIKHAR’ where students can expose their talent by writing poems, essays or drawing, etc.
• The college also runs blood donation campaign for the social welfare.
Government College for Girls, Sector-42 Chandigarh Admissions
All the details about the admission are displayed on the official website of the institute.
Government College for Girls, Sector-42 Chandigarh Placements
Placement information is not available.
Government College for Girls, Sector-42 Chandigarh Campus Photos
Institute Location on Map