Government Engineering college, Thiruvananthapuram was established in 1939 as the first Engineering College in the then Travancore State. The institution owes its foundation to the bold and inspired vision of Sree Chithira Thirunal Balarama Varma, the then Maharaja of Tranvancore. The College has maintained its eminence as a leading Engineering College in India. The college is affiliated to University of Kerala. The college ranks among the top in the country in the quality of its graduates and in the number of top jobs held by its graduates.
• Government Engineering College has world class infrastructure which provides all the modern facilities to its students.
• As it is located in the lap of nature, the students find very conducive environment for learning.
• The college library has a collection of over 8000 books and has subscribed to more than 45 journals for the latest updates in the field of technology development.
• It encourages its students to indulge in various extracurricular activities undertaken in the campus. The activities like cultural events, NSS, students association or may be sports.
• It has also developed an anti-ragging cell to help the victims and strict action is taken against the accused.
Government Engineering college Thiruvananthapuram Admissions
Admissions to all the seats are based on the Entrance Examination Conducted by the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations, Government of Kerala which ensures only meritorious students join the institution.
Government Engineering college Thiruvananthapuram Placements
It has an independent placement cell to facilitate campus placements and jobs for the students. Hence, it provides excellent placement opportunities to its students, as they are recruited by top multinational companies and renowned companies.
Government Engineering college Thiruvananthapuram Campus Photos
Data Not available. Coming Soon.
Institute Location on Map