Government Tanning Institute was established in the year 1934. It is situated on the Jalandhar- Nakodar road and is about 3 K.m from the General Bus Stand. It is one of the oldest leather institute in India. It is affiliated to Punjab Technical University and is approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi. The college offers lavish infrastructure with all modern amenities like well stocked library,well equipped labs,computer center, Auditorium, Canteen, Central Computer Cell, Examination and Lecture Hall, Hostels, Sports & Games. The college offers facilities like Lecture theatres which are equipped with state-of-the-art audio-visual. The institute is supported by a team of experienced faculty, skilled technical staff and excellent non-teaching staff. A full fledged placement cell has been established and it offers services such as campus interviews, career path advise, common & soft skill development, self assessment and personality development. It offers various courses in the field of engineering.