The Indian Institute of Forest Management is a sectoral management institute, which constantly endeavors to evolve knowledge useful for the managers in the area of Forest, Environment and Natural Resources Management and allied sectors. It disseminates such knowledge in ways that promote its application by individuals and organizations. IIFM has been established with the following objectives :
Provide training in management and related subjects for persons from the Indian Forest Service, Forest Departments, Forest Development Corporation and Forest related industries with a view to equip them to practice the art and profession of management of forestry development.
NIRF Ranking 2017 -
Management - 32
• It has multistoried air-conditioned library with wide range of literature. It also has a collection of 310 films on forestry, environment, conservation & management. The library also includes more than 37000 books.
• IIFM is equipped with excellent computing resources. The Computer Centre has hardware and software resources that are capable of providing support for diverse computing requirements.
• A 110 room’s fully furnished hostel with separate block for girls is there to accommodate students. The hostel rooms are connected with internet facility through LAN.
• The mess facility is managed by the students and they are responsible for deciding the menu and making the budget. The Mess is equipped with automated and semi-automated cooking equipment and heating systems.
• A wide range of sporting facilities are available on campus. The Institute has good facilities for indoor and outdoor sports like Badminton, Lawn Tennis, Table Tennis, Carrom, Football, Cricket and Volleyball.
Indian Institute of Forest Management (IIFM) Admissions
Eligibility: Applicants should have at least a three-year bachelor’s degree in any discipline obtained through the 10+2+3 system or an equivalent qualification recognized by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU), with a minimum 50% aggregate marks (45% for SC/ST/DA) or equivalent CGPA.
Admission Procedure: Common Admission Test, Group Discussion, Personal Interview.
Indian Institute of Forest Management (IIFM) Faculty
Krishna Kumar, K. N.
Designation - Professor
Qualification - Ph. D. in Agricultural Extension, PG specialization in Farm Journalism.
Designation - Professor
Qualification - B.Sc., Diploma from Indira Gandhi National Forest Academy, PG Diploma in Ecology & Environment, Diploma in German, Tamil & Arabic languages, Diploma in Homoeopathy, Diploma in Export Management,
Work Experience : 27 years
Designation - Associate Professor
Qualification - Ph.D (Botany), North-Eastern Hill University, Shillong.
Areas of interest : Biodiversity Conservation, Non Timber Forest Product Management, Indigenous Forest Management, and Energy Planning.
Indian Institute of Forest Management (IIFM) Placements
The Placement Process at Indian Institute of Forest Management (IIFM) aims to match the requirements of the Corporate World with the aspirations of the students thereby facilitating the achievement of synergy between the two.
Summer Internship Recruitment Programme (SIRP) is conducted every year by IIFM where in top organizations of the country are invited to recruit first year students for summer internships.
A total of 137 offeres were made to 57 students by the recruiting companies. The companies participating were Agricultural Finance Corporation Ltd., BASIX, BILT, Catlog Inc. (USA), CARE India, Confederation of Indian Industry, Citi Bank, Development Alternatives, DPIP (MP), ESRI (NIIT GIS Ltd.), Ernst & Young, ERM Pvt. Ltd., EDA Rural System Limited, Ecotech Services, Forest Development Agency, India, Hindustan Latex Ltd.,
Highest Package - 7.8 lakhs p.a.
Average Package - 6.47 lakhs p.a.
Lowest Package - 4.58 lakhs p.a.
Indian Institute of Forest Management (IIFM) Campus Photos
Indian Institute of Forest Management (IIFM) News
Institute Location on Map