The Indian Society of International Law (ISIL), a premier national institution for teaching, research and promotion of international law, was established in 1959, primarily due to the efforts of the late V.K. Krishna Menon. It has indeed been a long and fulfilling journey for the ISIL that it has earned a pride of place among the community of international lawyers through out the world. This would not have been possible but for the hard work put in by people, such as Judge Nagendra Singh, Dr. K.Krishna Rao, Shri. G.S.Pathak, Justice R.S.Pathak, Shri Ram Niwas Mirdha, Prof.Harnam Singh, Prof.C.J.Chacko, Shri.K.Narayana Rao, Dr.Anand Prakash, Prof. B.S.N.Murthi, Shri C.V.L.Narayan, Prof.M.K.Nawaz, Prof.R.P.Anand, Prof. Rahmatu Mali Khan, Shri.G.V.G. Krishnamurthi, Dr. P.Chandrasekhara Rao, Dr.S.P.Jagota, Dr.R.K.Dixit, Dr.P.Sreenivasa Rao and a host of others.
The ISIL is housed at V.K.Krishna Menon Bhawan, Bhagwan Dass Road, opposite to the Supreme Court of India and next to the Indian Law Institute (ILI). It has two in house air-conditioned conference halls with a seating capacity of 80 &100 respectively, a full-fledged air-conditioned auditorium of 250 seats for organising seminars/conferences and symposiums, a number of class rooms, office spaces etc.