Kamala Nehru College was established on 20th July 1964. It was then known as the 'Government College for Women' and it was housed in Defence Colony. The College initially offered courses only in the Arts Stream. The Commerce Stream was added later. The founder Principal was Dr.K.K. Gorowara.
The College started out with just 16 staff members & 209 students passed out in the first batch in 1968. The College Magazine 'Swati' was started in the academic year 1965-66. In 1966-67, the College was renamed 'Modern College for Women' and in 1967-68 the College Magazine took the new name 'Apoorva'. On 21st November 1972, the foundation stone for a new building was laid at Hauz Khas (at present August Kranti Marg) by then President Mr.V.V.Giri. It was then that the name 'Kamala Nehru College' was coined. In 1974, on the occasion of Founder's Day, Mrs. Indira Gandhi visited the new building, unveiled the plaque and planted saplings. Dr.(Mrs.)Surinder J.Sharma took over as Principal of the College on 23rd September 1986.
Present Principal Dr.Minoti Chatterjee intends to carry forward the traditions of the College and make it into an institution of academic and co-curricular excellence amongst the colleges of the University of Delhi. The auditorium, built after painstaking and dedicated efforts of the teachers as well as students and several fund raising campaigns was finally inaugurated on 17th December 1991 by the then Vice-President Dr.Shankar Dayal Sharma. Dr. Gorowara and then Dr. Sharma played pivotal roles in helping the College forge ahead and carve a niche for itself in various domains. Their relentless endeavors and constant encouragement are responsible for producing high calibre students with a human face excelling in all emerging areas. Kamala Nehru College believes in a beautiful blend of the traditional and the modern, an amalgam of academics and extra curricular engagements to shape each KNC-ite into a confident, dignified and responsible human being. In a lighter vein it is said that College life is all about friends, freedom and fun. There certainly is an element of truth in that but College is also about a journey of discovery of the self and a preparation process to step into the future. This is achieved at KNC through specialized societies that cover the whole gamut of personality development aspects by providing plural avenues.
• There is no need of describing college infrastructure as it has one of the best in the city. It has artistically designed campus which is adored by every student of the institute.
• The college has a huge library with appropriate sitting arrangement for the students. It also has rich collection of informative books and periodicals.
• It has highly knowledgeable and experienced faculty who interacts with their students. The students feel free to ask doubt because of friendly behavior.
• It has a large auditorium with enough seats for the audiences. All the cultural events and other important seminars are held in the auditorium.
• It offers a canteen within the campus. It is student’s most favourite place in the campus. Here the students can have snacks and meals and also can spend good time with friends.
• The college also offers its students space for sports and other extra-curricular activities for the sports enthusiast. It has a standard basketball court for the students.
Kamala Nehru College Admissions
Kamala Nehru College Admission 2019-20:-
Kamala Nehru College Placements
Students of this institute are placed in various multinational companies like
• Capital IQ
• Oberoi Group of Hotels
• Kingfisher Airlines
• Infinity Business School
• Protiviti Finance
Kamala Nehru College Campus Photos
Data Not available. Coming Soon.
Institute Location on Map