Lady Hardinge Medical College Her Excellency Lady Hardinge laid down the Foundation Stone of the college on 17th March 1914. The college was inaugurated on 7th February 1916 by Lord Hardinge. Located on the fringes of Connaught Place in New Delhi, it is extremely accessible and boasts of an excellent staff. The hospital associated with the medical college is one of the oldest hospitals i
Since 1950, the college has been affiliated to University of Delhi.
In view of considerable demand for post-graduate students, post-graduate courses were started in 1954 in affiliation with Punjab University and later on with University of Delhi in 1956. To start with only female post-graduate students were admitted, but since 1970 both males and female students are being enrolled for various postgraduate courses.
Kalawati Saran Children Hospital was established on 17th March, 1956 as a centre of excellence pediatric care and research.
Training school for Nurses started very modestly in 1916 with 11 probationers admitted to the school for training every year.
• Centralized library with more than 27 thousand books on medical and related subjects, 24 thousand bound Journals and 50 thousand loose issues of journals. Currently it has 160 titles of journals.
• For teaching and training purpose the institute has built up two hospitals having bed capacity of 877.
• It has a internet facility well connected with the National Medical Library.
• It also has an audio video room with 100 cassettes on medical subjects, 6 VCPs and 6 color television sets along with it there is a reading room which is kept open on 24 hour basis.
• Along with qualitative studies student are also encouraged to participate in extra-curricular activities such as swimming pool, Tennis courts, badminton courts, gymnasium and table tennis and indoor games as well.
• After the busy schedule students needs their home the most. The institute provides all required facilities which give a feel like home. It offers all the necessary as well as luxurious facilities to its students. Students are offered with facilities like TV, play indoor games, laundry facilities.
Lady Hardinge Medical College Admissions
Medical colleges always have toughest entrance exams because the institute wants their students to be perfect and the institute also needs to have good students who are capable for the courses conducted by the institution, eligible students are selected by the institute's selection procedure.
Eligibility:- 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Biology & English individually with a minimum of 50% marks (40% marks in case of SC/ST & 45% marks OBC Category) taken together in Physics, Chemistry & Biology.
Exams:- Students need to have a good score in DUMET exam which conducts in the month of May.
Lady Hardinge Medical College Faculty
Mrs. Chandan Kashyap
DESIGNATION - Principal Tutor
Smt. V. Murthy
DESIGNATION - Senior Tutor
Dr. Shipra Paul
DESIGNATION - Director Prof. & Head
Lady Hardinge Medical College Placements
The institute doesn't provide any placement facility but the students can easily find jobs by referring institute's name.
Lady Hardinge Medical College Campus Photos
Institute Location on Map