Maharani Laxmibai Medical College, Jhansi

Type: Government

Affiliated To : Bundelkhand University

Established In :

Email: principal@mlbmcj.in

Website : http://mlbmcj.in

User Ratings

(4 out of 5 based on 2 Ratings)

Address: Location : Jhansi - 284128 Phones : 0517-2321610/ 2320858 Fax : 0517-2321610

College Facilities :

  • Computer Lab
    Computer Lab
  • Library
    Library
  • Cafeteria
    Cafeteria
  • Auditorium
    Auditorium
  • Hostel
    Hostel
  • Laboratory
    Laboratory
  • Sports
    Sports

Description

This Medical college is named after the “Jhansi ki Rani” Maha Rani Laxmi Bai.
This medical college came into existence in 1968 to provide medical care to poor people of this region, Bundelkhand. Dr. Sushila Nayar, the then Union Health Manister and a Member of the Lok Sabha from Jhansi, Who executed the idea of opening of Medical Collage in this region of Uttar Predesh and she laid down the foundation stone on 16 December 1965 Jhansi –Kanpur road.
The first batch of 50 MBBS Student was admitted for Jhansi. L.L.R.M. Medical College, Meerut in 1968 as the construction of college building was still in progress.
In 1970 Professor S.K.Saxena, took over as the Head of the department of anatomy at the college, to co-ordinate the activities if this institution, that the regular admissions of students admitted in past two years Meerut for Jhansi were transferred to this place. On September 1st, 1971 Professor S.R.Kapoor took over as the first Principal at the college.

The hospital of medical college provides comprehensive medical care, services to the people of Bundelkhand division of Uttar Pradesh the four adjoining districts of Madhya Pradesh.
The hospital provides the teaching and training facilities to undergraduate and post graduate students.
The college admits 50 students each year in MBBS course and nearly 54 post graduate student in various specialties. College is actively involved in various national health Programmes, e.g. Maternal and Child health, Integrated Child Development Scheme, Family Welfare, Pulse Polio Immunization programme etc.

  • MBBS

    Duration:- 4.5 years duration + 1 year compulsary rotating internship

    Eligibility:- 10+2 in Science with Physics, Chemistry, Botony, English

    Admission:-

    Admission to MBBS course is made on the basis of competative examination.The annual intake of MBBS is 50 out of which 15% seats are filled through All India PM / PD examination conducted by CBSE.Remaining 85% seats are nominated by the UP Government.Reservation policy of the Government is adopted.

  • MD (Anaesthesia)

    Duration:- 3 Years

    Eligibility:- MBBS Fron recognised University

    Admission:- Admission to 50% of the MCI recognised seats is made through AIPGMEE conducted by AIIMS, New Delhi and remaining seats are filled by UPPGME conducted by the medical college nominated by the UP Govt.
     

  • MD (Pediatrics)

    Duration:- 3 Years

    Eligibility:- MBBS Fron recognised University

    Admission:- Admission to 50% of the MCI recognised seats is made through AIPGMEE conducted by AIIMS, New Delhi and remaining seats are filled by UPPGME conducted by the medical college nominated by the UP Govt.
     

  • MD (Pharmacology)

    Duration:- 3 Years

    Eligibility:- MBBS Fron recognised University

    Admission:- Admission to 50% of the MCI recognised seats is made through AIPGMEE conducted by AIIMS, New Delhi and remaining seats are filled by UPPGME conducted by the medical college nominated by the UP Govt.
     

  • MD (Physiology)

    Duration:- 3 Years

    Eligibility:- MBBS Fron recognised University

    Admission:- Admission to 50% of the MCI recognised seats is made through AIPGMEE conducted by AIIMS, New Delhi and remaining seats are filled by UPPGME conducted by the medical college nominated by the UP Govt.
     

  • MD (Radiodiagnosis)

    Duration:- 3 Years

    Eligibility:- MBBS Fron recognised University

    Admission:- Admission to 50% of the MCI recognised seats is made through AIPGMEE conducted by AIIMS, New Delhi and remaining seats are filled by UPPGME conducted by the medical college nominated by the UP Govt.
     

  • MS (Anatomy)

    Duration:- 3 Years

    Eligibility:- MBBS Fron recognised University

    Admission:- Admission to 50% of the MCI recognised seats is made through AIPGMEE conducted by AIIMS, New Delhi and remaining seats are filled by UPPGME conducted by the medical college nominated by the UP Govt.
     

  • MS (E.N.T)

    Duration:- 3 Years

    Eligibility:- MBBS Fron recognised University

    Admission:- Admission to 50% of the MCI recognised seats is made through AIPGMEE conducted by AIIMS, New Delhi and remaining seats are filled by UPPGME conducted by the medical college nominated by the UP Govt.
     

  • MS (General Surgery)

    Duration:- 3 Years

    Eligibility:- MBBS Fron recognised University

    Admission:- Admission to 50% of the MCI recognised seats is made through AIPGMEE conducted by AIIMS, New Delhi and remaining seats are filled by UPPGME conducted by the medical college nominated by the UP Govt.
     

Infrastructure

The college building spread over a walled area of 380 acres, and this is perhaps the biggest medical college campus in the country. The building grouped into 3 blocks namely administration & teaching block, hospital block, residential block.

Near the hospital block & close to old private wards, there are newly formed 24 new private wards. Behind the training center of health and family welfare building, there is an oncology wing. In the hospital block there is also a newly formed Burn unit.

Maharani Laxmibai Medical College Admissions

MBBS COURSE:-

Admission to MBBS course is made on the basis of competative examination.The annual intake of MBBS is 50 out of which 15% seats are filled through All India PM / PD examination conducted by CBSE. Remaining 85% seats are nominated by the UP Government. Reservation policy of the Government is adopted.


MD / MS / DIPLOMA:-

A total of 55 seats are there out of which 24 are for diploma courses. Admission to 50% of the MCI recognised seats is made through AIPGMEE conducted by AIIMS, New Delhi and remaining seats are filled by UPPGME conducted by the medical college nominated by the UP Govt. The 2008 UPPGME is being conducted by the GSVM medical college Kanpur.

2 seats in DCH are kept for medical officers belonging to UP PMS cadre. The condidate for these seats are nominated by the UP Govt.
 

Maharani Laxmibai Medical College Faculty


Dr. Rajeev Sinha

Designation - Professor

Dr.Sudhir Kumar

Designation - Professor

Dr. B.D.Mathur

Designation - Professor

Maharani Laxmibai Medical College Placements

Details will be added soon.

Maharani Laxmibai Medical College Campus Photos

Click to See more Comments

Post Your Reviews / Comments / Queries

  •  

  • Can't see? Refresh!
  • (Max 600 Characters allowed)

Institute Location on Map


Disclaimer : The Information about this College & its Courses has been taken from the College website & was last updated on 26th November 2014. Students are advised to visit the official website for the latest information. If you are the administrator of this College & need to update the information, Please write in to us at contact@infinitecourses.com



Institute Location on Map