Muzaffarpur Institute of Technology (MIT) was established in the year 1954. It is affiliated to B.R.A. Bihar University & approved by AICTE, New Delhi.
Muzaffarpur Institute of Technology (MIT) is located at the north-west corner of the Muzaffarpur city along Muzaffarpur- Motihari road, spread over an area of 55 acres at a distance of about 4 kilometers from Muzaffarpur junction. The institute is flanked by the holy river "Boorhi Gandak" on north, a quite big water reservoir on the east, Muzaffarpur-Motihari road on south and local road network on west.