Nizam College was established in 1887 is now 120 years old. Its founder was the eminent Dr. Aghorenath Chattopadhyaya, DSc (Edin.) . This college came into existence through the amalgamation of Hyderabad School (Nobel School) and Madrasa-I-Aliya . Mr.P.H. Hodson was its first British Principal.
Initially it was affiliated to the University of Madras for 60 years and was made a constituent college of Osmania University on February 19, 1947. Many of today's leaders in the Nation and State from this region have passed through the halls of this historic college
Although a constituent conllege of Osmania University in view of its high degree of the academic performance Nizam College was conferred academic autonomy in 1988-89 at the undergraduate level. Academic autonomy became operational from 1989-90 by the directive of the University. Under autonomy the college is empowered to form its own syllabi, introduce new courses or combinations, and conductexaminations including setting of the question papers, valuation and declaration of the results at the undergraduate level.Keeping the UGC recommendations in view, Nizam College was the first among O.U. Colleges to introduce the Semester System at the under-graduate level in all the faculties from the academic year 1990-91 and the Semester System continues even at present.
During the academic year 2004-05 the college was chosen as a College with Potential for Excellence. NAAC Accreditation was achieved in the year 2005.
• The college is located in pollution free environment in Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh. It creates serene environment for the students to pursue their career in their chosen fields.
• The vast collection of the library enables the students to expand their knowledge in various areas. It has a collection of more than 125000 books and 25 subscribed journals.
• Nizam College has different labs for various departments. It has Bio-technology lab, Computer lab, MCA lab, Multimedia lab, Electronics and Communication lab, etc.
• It has a large cricket ground and a standard size basket ball court for the sports enthusiast. It encourages its students to participate in various intercollegiate sports competition.
• It has a canteen placed within the campus which serves delicious fast food and beverages at affordable price.
• It also provides hostel and a health care centre for the needy students as well as staff.
Nizam College Admissions
Nizam College Admission 2016-17:-
B.A./ B.Com / B.Sc admissions for the academic year 2016-17 details available from Third Week of MAY 2016.
Nizam College Placements
Information regarding placement department will be added soon.
Nizam College Campus Photos
Institute Location on Map