PSG Institute of Management The genesis of the Institute can be traced to the establishment of the Department of Management Sciences in the year 1966 at the PSG College of Technology. It was the initiative from Dr G R Damodaran, the Founder-Principal of the college who, on surveying the increasing number of small-scale industrial units functioning in and around Coimbatore, promoted by technocrats – many of them being the old students of his own Engineering college – felt the need for providing them with modern techniques of business management. To meet the need, a department of Management Sciences was created and a 3 year part time Post Graduate Diploma course in Business and Industrial Management, affiliated to the University of Madras was introduced in 1966.
A full-time two-year MBA programme with approval of the Government of India was introduced in 1971, with affiliation to the University of Madras, the first of such programmes in South India. The department was upgraded and was named PSG Institute of management – still as part of the PSG College of Technology – in the year 1995, with a view to enabling the Institute to grow into a full-fledged management institute for offering a wide range of Management Development Programmes and consultancy services in addition to academic and research programmes. Pioneering has, thus, characterized the birth, growth and development of the PSG Institute of Management.
The PSG Institute of Management is inspired by the profound words of Mark Twain. Which is why, you'll find that learning here is hardly restricted to the class rooms. Learning is a harmonious blend of listening to some of the most experienced minds and at the same time, garnering rich industry experience.
The industry-institute interface fostered at PSGIM is what gives the institution a class of its own.Coming form a legacy of 82 years in education and charity, the PSGIM has access to a wide spectrum of industries to enable it to set new standards in the field of management education.
• The institute is situated in a calm and tranquil environment surrounded with greenery. Its lush green campus creates a wonderful environment for studying. It offers a wide range of infrastructural facilities so that the students can feel comfortable and complete with all the amenities required by them.
•Library is offered for the students with huge collection of books and journals. Gymnasium facilities are also provided so the students can maintain their health and fitness along with the studies.
• Computer lab with hi speed internet facility is provided round the clock.
• The institute has a well structured auditorium with a capacity of 260 students with LCD projector and multimedia equipments.
• The most important thing is the classrooms which are quite comfortable at the institute; all the classrooms are well equipped with LCD projector, whiteboards, Wi-Fi connectivity and multimedia facilities.
• It provides conference room for conducting meetings and management development programmes and project areas where students are permitted to sit and discuss topics related to the projects.
PSG Institute of Management Admissions
Eligibility for PGDM & MBA- Full Time:-
A recognized Bachelors degree in any discipline with minimum 50% marks in aggregate.
Eligibility for MBA- Part Time:-
1. Candidates seeking for this program should have a bachelor degree or an equivalent qualification in any discipline.
2. After passing the bachelor’s degree examination candidates should also have have at least two years post qualification work experience as an executive or an administrator in a commercial, industrial or government establishment after passing the bachelor’s degree examination.
Selection to the programme of MBA & PGDM is based on MAT & CMAT scores. The final selection will be completelybased on Group discussion and Personal interview. Weightage will be given to candidates with work experience.
PSG Institute of Management Faculty
Dr. V. Srividya
Designation - Professor
Qualification : Ph.D, M.Com, MBA
Area of Interests : Behavioral Finance, Microfinance & PAF
Dr. M.P. Pandikumar
Designation - Associate Professor
Qualification : MFC., M.Phil., PGDCA., M.S., PGDPC., Ph.D.
Area of Interests : Derivatives, Financial Management & Behavioral Finance
Ms. D. Kavitha
Designation : Assistant Professor
Qualification : B.Com, MBA, (Ph.D.)
Area of Interests : Accounting & Financial Management
PSG Institute of Management Placements
Last year, more than 65 Companies visited the campus for final placements and 40 students were selected during the academic year 2012/ 13.
Placement Packages :-
Every year most the students are provided with good salary packages. In the last academic year highest placement package was about 7.8 lakhs while the average was around 5.4 Lakhs.
Companies which visited the campus for recuiting:-
• TVS Motors
• South Indian Bank
• Kotak Mahindra
• Coca Cola
• EID Parry
• St. John’s Freight
PSG Institute of Management Campus Photos
PSG Institute of Management News
Institute Location on Map