Pravara Institute of Medical Sciences (Deemed University ) was established under Section (3) of the University Grants Commission (UGC) Act 1956 on 29th September, 2003 by Government of India, Ministry of Human Resource Development vide its notification No. F.9-11/2000-U-3.
The Pravara Medical Trust is the parent Organisaiton of the University and was established in 1972 in a small village Loni of Ahmednagar District (Maharashtra State) by a visionary Padmashri Dr. Vitthalrao Vikhe Patil, the founder of Co-operative movement in India.
In 1976 the Trust started providing primary and secondary level medical care with establishment of a modest hospital of 100 beds and over a period of time the hospital grew in to 800 beds multi-disciplinary, superspeciality medical institute with state of art facilities.
There are six institutes under the ambit of the University
1. Rural Medical College & Hospital, Loni
2. Rural Dental College & Hospital, Loni
3. College of Physiotherapy & Rehabilitation Center, Loni
4. College of Nursing, Loni
5. Institute of Social Medicine, Loni
6. Center for Biotechnology, Loni
The University is unique in more than one way. It is specialised in Medical and Health Sciences with a dedication to serve the society as a Center of Excellence with emphasis on socially meaningful medical education, health care and research.
The trust has received accolades from His Excellency Dr.A.P.J. Abdul Kalam, President of India for the pioneer work done in the field of integrated rural Development and appreciated the participative model of Integrated Rural Development followed at Loni as Role Model for the development of Rural India and has been referred by his Excellency as operative model of PURA- Providing Urban Amenities to Rural Area.
The Pravara Institute of Medical Sciences - Deemed University at present offers various under graduate , post graduate and Diploma level programs.
This University has the same status as that of other statutory Universities in India. The degrees, diplomas and certificates awarded by the University have approval of the Government of India, Govt. of Maharashtra and other states as well as the University Grants commission (UGC), Medical Council of India (MCI) Dental Council of India (DCI), All India Physiotherapists Association (AIPA) Rehabilitation Council of India (RCI) and Nursing Council of India (INC).
The infrastructure developed at the University Campus provides an opportunity to the meritorious students to become, appropriate and needbased health providers in their own environment.
The institute provides a blend of infrastructural facilities for its students. It has a beautiful campus and has aesthetically designed building in a modern manner. The institute meets all the needs of the students and it never gives a chance to complaint about its infrastructure. It offers infrastructural facilities like:-
• Well furnished hostels which give total comfort to the students. Hostels offer best facilities with no interruption in power supply or any kind of inconvenience to the students. The institute provides various facilities like multi-gym, indoor sports and advanced communication facilities within the campus. Rules and regulation of the hostels are very strict and it is well secured and wi-fi enabled so that the students can access wireless internet. All these luxurious facilities are provided at a reasonable price of rupees 18, 000 per annum.
• Learning centre was established in 1984. All bibliographic details of books, journals and CD-ROM databases are accessible through the campus wide network. The library has vast number of printed documents and it has over 297 national and international journals.
Pravara Institute of Medical Sciences (Deemed University) Admissions
• Admission to all the courses is done through All India Entrance Test conducted by PIMS University. The AICET (All India Entrance) is conducted at various places in India for selection of candidates for admission to various courses offered by the constituent colleges of PIMS University.
• This test is of three hours and it is conducted on the predefined syllabus depending upon courses. The question paper for the CET consists 200 multiple-choice questions (MCQ), each correct answer carries one mark. There is no negative marking and it is conducted during May-June every year for undergraduate courses and in January for PG courses.
• Candidate seeking admission to postgraduate Medicine/Dentistry course should hold MBBS /BDS degree of recognized University by MCI/DCI.
• A candidate who has completed one year compulsory rotating internship or is likely to complete the same on or before 30th April of respective academic year can appear for
Pravara Institute of Medical Sciences (Deemed University) Faculty
Designation - Chancellor
Pravara Institute of Medical Sciences (Deemed University) Placements
Details will be added soon.
Pravara Institute of Medical Sciences (Deemed University) Campus Photos
Pravara Institute of Medical Sciences (Deemed University) News
Institute Location on Map