The year 1857 marks the beginning of the third epoch in the history of the College. The present University of Madras was founded in 1857. It always be a source of pride to Presidency College that it is the mother of the University of Madras. From 1857 onwards, the College has been providing instruction in the courses prescribed by the University.
The president and Governor of the University of Madras wanted to provide adequate buildings for the University. In 1864, designs for a big building to accommodate Presidency College were called for and a prize of Rs.3000/- was offered to the best design. The foundation stone a new college building on the Marina was laid on October 1867 by His Excellency Lord Napier, The Governor of Madras. The College took three years to build and on its completion the opening ceremony was performed by his Royal Highness the Duke of Edinburgh on 25th March 1870.
• Presidency College is located in the city of Chennai, Tamil Nadu. As located in the city it is easily accessible from various means of transport.
• The college has a library with more than 100000 volumes of books. It has also subscribed over 90 journals of national and international repute.
• It provides canteen serving healthy food and a desk of Central Bank of India. It also has a healthcare unit and a post office within the campus.
• PCC has separate hostels for both boys and girls with all the modern facilities.
• The students of the institute organize various cultural activities every year. It gets great response from by getting more participation of the students.
Presidency College (Chennai) Admissions
The interested candidates can get the form at the campus office and duly filled form is to be submitted at the same place.
Presidency College (Chennai) Placements
The information of the placement cell of the institute is available on the official portal of the institute.
Presidency College (Chennai) Campus Photos
Institute Location on Map