Rizvi College of Architecture was established in August 1992 by Dr. Akhtar Hasan Rizvi, the well known builder and developer, in keeping with his cherished dream of setting up a network of academic institution that would develop into a modern university.
Rizvi College of Architecture has been affiliated with the University of Mumbai and has been granted approval by the AICTE for its five year Degree Course in Architecture with an annual intake of 40 students. Rizvi College of Architecture aims to evolve into a school of architectural thought focussing on the human, socio-cultural, environmental, scientific and technological, aesthetic and philosophical values. The academic programme of the College follows the syllabus of the University of Mumbai. The courses are structured to orient the studies in a range of contexts, which includes rural, urban, metropolitan, regional, national and international. Architecture as a synthesis in space and time calls for focussing on the heritage and conservation issues on one side and the innovative and developmental aspects on the other.
Rizvi College of Architecture has a faculty with rich national and international professional experience and a high standard of academic background. The faculty consists of full-time core faculty and part-time visiting faculty ensuring a higher faculty student ratio than 1:10 as required by the AICTE. Professor Akhtar Chauhan FIIA, architect planner, is the founder principal of the college.
The academic programme of Rizvi College of Architecture is supported by a related studies programme and extra-curricular activities to give an all round education and training to the students. The objective is to develop their creative skills and holistic knowledge. The annual calendar includes monthly exhibition of student and faculty works, guest lectures, seminars, workshops, study tours and events like Rizvi Arch Fest, Rizvi Arch Expo and International Conference on Humane Habitat, where architects, students and faculty of other colleges of the city participate actively.
The College is located in Rizvi Educational complex, a cosmopolitan urban community in Rizvi Complex, Sherly Village, off Carter Road at Bandra west, Mumbai. It is approachable conveniently from Bandra and Khar railway stations in the Western Railway and by BEST buses, which run with a high frequency. The 3 Kms. bus-ride hardly takes 10 minutes. The college is located in a pollution-free environment near the Arabian Sea.
• The institute campus is located in a star studded area in Mumbai. The campus is located opposite the sea and hence creates very conducive environment for learning. The college is easily reachable from every part of the city from rail as well as roadways.
• The library of the RCA has a very rich collection of books and still going on increasing. It has books in various field of interest like arts, graphics, architectural data, construction, design, architectural theory, history, interiors, landscape, and urban design.
• The college has a wood and a metal workshop with necessary machines and tools. The students are introduced to workshop practice. They learn architectural model making and are encouraged to use the workshop facility for their design models.
• The computer lab has abundance recourses like latest computers and all the updated required software.
• It has an auditorium with a sitting capacity of more than 495 students at a time. College auditorium is used by the students for their cultural events and many more.
• It also has a huge canteen offering Indian and Chinese cuisine at reasonable prices. It has a capacity of more than 150 students in its canteen.
Rizvi College of Architecture (RCA) Admissions
Eligibility: The candidate must have passed 10+2 from any recognized university and a valid score of entrance exam.
The admission to this institute is done on campus at the administration office.
Rizvi College of Architecture (RCA) Faculty
Dr.Akhtar Hasan Rizvi
Designation - President
Rizvi College of Architecture (RCA) Placements
It provides the facility of a highly pro-active placement cell to guide and extends assistance and support to students for getting excellent placement in leading companies and industries.
Rizvi College of Architecture (RCA) Campus Photos
Institute Location on Map