The School of Planning & Architecture - Jawaharlal Nehru Architecture and Fine Arts University (JNA&FAU) was founded in the year 1940. s Department of Architecture in the erstwhile Nizam college of Fine Arts and Architecture, become the Govt. College of Fine Arts and Architecture in 1956 following the formation of the state of Andhra Pradesh. Subsequent to the formation of JNTU (Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University) in 1972, the college was merged into it. The college of Fine Arts and Architecture become one of the four constituent colleges of the University. In 1989, the college was bifurcated to form the School of Planning and Architecture and is since then a constituent Institution of the School of Excellence envisaged by Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University.
The School has highly qualified and experienced faculty specializing in Architecture, Housing, Urban and Regional Planning, Landscape Architecture, Environmental Design, Urban Design, Conservation, Structural Engineering. Through the rigor of their pursuits, breadth of interests, and commitments to teaching, the faculty develops students who actively engage and resourcefully address emerging design issues.
• It has well laid infrastructure with good architectural buildings built up to offer education in the field of architecture.
• It has well ventilated classrooms for the comfort of the students. The students enjoy the lecture as the classrooms are aided with modern facilities.
• It has a huge central library with rich stock of books, periodicals and journals. It provides almost all the books related to architecture and planning.
• The institute has state of the art computer lab with high speed internet facility to connect themselves from various updates in the field of architecture.
• The institute has well maintained gardens around it so the students can freshen up their mind for better learning.
• It also encourages its students to participate in various extra-curricular activities like sports, cultural programs, etc.
• Various other facilities provided by the college are canteen, exhibition hall, E-studio, seminar hall, examination hall, etc.
School of Planning & Architecture - Jawaharlal Nehru Architecture and Fine Arts University (JNA&FAU) Admissions
Eligibility: The candidate interested to seek admission in this institute must have passed 10+2 level from any recognized university with minimum 50% marks in 12th.
Fee: Rs. 10000/- per year
Eligibility: B.Arch or equivalent from any recognized university.
Fee: Rs. 58000/- per year
School of Planning & Architecture - Jawaharlal Nehru Architecture and Fine Arts University (JNA&FAU) Faculty
Designation - Director
Qualification - B.Sc. (Hons), LL.B, Diploma In Photography
School of Planning & Architecture - Jawaharlal Nehru Architecture and Fine Arts University (JNA&FAU) Placements
It provides excellent placement opportunities to its students, as they are recruited by top multinational companies and renowned companies. The further details regarding placement of this institute is available of the institute website.
School of Planning & Architecture - Jawaharlal Nehru Architecture and Fine Arts University (JNA&FAU) Campus Photos
Institute Location on Map