The Singhbhum Homoeopathic Medical College and Hospital was established in 1953 and is registered under the Societies Registration Act of 1860. The College is managed by a Governing Body, constituted by the Dep. of Health Education, Govt. of Jharkhand to which the Deputy commissioner, East Singhbhum is the Chairman. The local MP, local MLA, TISCO nominee, representative of Dept. of Health Education and some eminent citizens of Jamshedpur are members of the governing body.
The College is having a teaching faculty of about 35 well qualified teachers. The teaching faculty, in addition is having some senior visiting teachers, who are specialists in their respective fields.
The College is teaching B.H.M.S. (Bacheler of Homoeopathic Medicine and Surgery) course. It is a five and half year course with one year of internship training (inclusive). The course is recognized by the Dept. of AYUSH, Ministry of Health, Govt. of India, Central Council of Homoeopathy, New Delhi (Govt. of India) and the Dept. of Health Education, Govt. of Jharkhand. The college is Permanently affiliated from Vinoba Bhave University, Hazaribagh.