Sophia College, founded in 1941, is affiliated to the University of Mumbai. The Governing Body of the Society for the Higher Education of Women in India runs the College. The Religious Sisters of the Sacred Heart of Jesus and lay staff form the staff of the College.
The Society of the Sacred Heart was founded in France in 1800, by St. Madeleine Sophie Barat. It is dedicated mainly to the all-round education of youth. There are now a number of schools and colleges of the Society all over the world, besides widespread innovative non-formal involvements. According to a long-standing tradition, the staff takes a personal interest in the harmonious growth of each student entrusted to their care.
Sophia College is a Christian Minority Institution. Students of all denominations are welcome. The main goal of Sophia is the relentless search for Wisdom, through an education that is holistic and transformative.
• The college campus and infrastructure is the best among all the colleges in Mumbai. Few Hindi films are also shot in the college premises.
• It has all the required amenities like library, computer lab, laboratories, etc. Students of the institute enjoy the space provided by the college.
• It has well stocked library with highly informative books and periodicals for the students. One may find many students reading books or completely their work in the library.
• The computer lab provided by the college has latest machines with updated software and high speed internet connectivity.
• The students of the college organize an inter-collegiate festival named ‘Kaleidoscope’. The college receives great number of participants from various other colleges.
• It also encourages girls for various sports activities. The college also emphasize on physical training of the students.
Sophia College Admissions
Admission to this institute is directly done on the basis of merit. The cut-off of the institute is declared once the HSC results are out.
Sophia College Placements
The cell comprises of a committee of staff and students. The Placement Notice Board displays posters and pamphlets announcing job opportunities and schedules for interviews.
Sophia College Campus Photos
Institute Location on Map