Srishti’s Advanced Diploma Program in Animation/Gaming emphasizes the individual student’s ability to construct his own pathways in animation/gaming so that he/she has access to multiple career pathways.
This program demands high levels of self-motivation, initiative and hard work if the student is to develop a sound knowledge and understanding of the principles and tools of animation/gaming. The program will cover the fundamentals of motion, life drawing, composition, character design, storyboarding, lighting, cameras and art direction, handling 2D / 3D animation and VFX output for production. Further, it will deal with the fundamentals of the history of gaming, anatomies of games and interactive narratives, Object Oriented Programming, PC-mobile-web-based game design and production process.
Srishti’s Advanced Diploma Program in Experimental & Media Arts aims to be a catalyst for innovative engagement with cutting edge issues at the interface between art, science, technology and society. Students in this program will acquire and share skills in a laboratory setting which includes participants from a variety of backgrounds and disciplines.
Students in this program will produce creative work drawing from a variety of art-science approaches, understandings and skill-sets. They will bring their work to the world in the form of exhibition or distribution, develop strategies for collaboration for a variety of situations, increase their local and global network of individuals and organizations through internships and participation in e-communities, engage in critical reflection of the work of their peers and themselves, articulate verbally and in text the social, political, and technological implications of their creative work and their engagement with the world and develop an ethical framework for your work.
This program demands high levels of self-motivation, initiative and hard work if the student is to develop a sound knowledge and understanding of the principles and tools of art and science processes, their intersections and translation into creative works.
The 2-year program will include a period of internship in industry. On successful completion of this, participants may undertake a 3 month long Diploma Project.
At the end of the two-year program you may be given an option to join a one-year Lab leading to an Advanced Diploma
For Direct Entry:
- Ability in Freehand Drawing
- Quality of 3D visualization, modeling skills (not computer but physical)
- Knowledge of Technical drawing (orthographic, isometric, axonometric)
- Language and People Skills
- You may be from any of these or similar backgrounds:
Technical colleges, architecture schools, people with experience in industry with a minimum of 2 years of participation
-Minimum age for any direct-entry candidate is 20 years by July 2004.
This 2 year specialisation imparts a thorough understanding of the self, surroundings and user insight and the ability to translate these understandings to real design solutions. This discipline's aim is to equip the young professional with the competence of the craft with all its technological and vocational aspects on a contemporary industry level and yet build in a deep sense of responsibility and sensitivity towards the surroundings and related issues.
The Professional Diploma in Textiles Design is a two-year specialization offered at The Srishti school of Art, Design & Technology, Bangalore. The course offers a broad-based education in many aspects of fiber, fabric and pattern, emphasizing a thorough understanding of the design process, materials, structure and techniques as well as the interdependence of these elements. The students would interact with the Craft sector as well as the Textile Industry during their course of study through classroom projects as well as Internship opportunities. The faculty would support the development of students as artists and designers who will energize the field through personal vision and understanding of the larger artistic context of the discipline.
DIRECT ENTRY: Source (Minimum two years in any of these or similar Institutions)
1. Home Science with textile or fashion (Home Science, MSU)
2. Polytechnic (Sophia Polytechnic, Nirmala Niketan, SNDT)
3. Art colleges (CKP, JJ school of Art, Indian Art college, Calcutta, Shantiniketan)
4. Textile technology or engineering students
5. Industry experience (2- 3 years)
ENTRY CRITERIA: (Direct Entry)
1. English language proficiency:
- To be able to take instruction in English
- To be able to express one self
- To be able to collect information that is available in English
2. Relevant technical knowledge
- Basic level knowledge of weaves, looms, techniques, representation on graph,
- Print repeats, screen and/or block process
- Material knowledge fibers, yarn, dyes, chemicals
- How a manufacturing setup works, business, accounts
3. Design aptitude
- Basic aptitude in the areas of drawing, composition, color, analytical skills
- Art and Design history
- Knowledge of computer application (Word, Corel draw, Photoshop)
1. In depth knowledge in the areas of weaves, print, embroidery and material.
2. Ability to express one self through the medium of textiles.
3. Ability to visualize a concept or a theme or mood based on the technical understanding of the medium
This is a two-year, full-time programme offered by the Srishti School of Art, Design and Technology.
It is open for admission to students who fulfill any one of the following criteria:
1. Those who have completed Foundation and Core Skills program of studies at Srishti
2. Students from other art/ design/architecture/related-discipline courses with minimum two years of study successfully completed
3. Professionals from similar/ related disciplines with minimum two years of work experience, and having completed 10+2
4. Long-standing professionals from any discipline with a genuine passion for design and communication
Minimum age for any direct-entry candidate is 20 years by July 2009.
At the end of the two-year programme you may be given an option to join a one-year Lab leading to an Advanced Diploma.
This Professional Diploma in Digital Video Production is a two-year integrated programme that places emphasis on practical training in the various technical and creative aspects of the filmmaking process. It exposes students to the core elements of the medium – screenplay writing, producing, directing, videography, sound recording, non-linear editing and post-production sound – and includes internship with industry and a final diploma project.
There are four key elements to this programme:
1. Video Production – Production topics include all aspects of pre-production, production, and post-production – screenwriting/ producing/ directing/ videography/ sound recording/ editing/ duplication. Every semester will be punctuated with a video project, the last being a diploma film. All production work will be on Mini DV.
2. Film Studies - Film studies include film theory, criticism, history (including history of experimental, documentary, and narrative film and video).
3. Liberal Arts inputs - The nature of the film medium requires a broad background in liberal arts and a multidisciplinary approach to learning. This aspect will be integrated into the programme as organic extensions of the films screened. In this way, studies pertaining to history, literature, socio-cultural aspects and by and large the human condition can be undertaken with the objective of feeding back into creative film-making.
4. Elective/Internship - In the second year, each student will do an elective/internship with industry. The elective/internship could be in areas like film titling, special effects, DTS technology, costume design which are areas not offered in the course curriculum.