St. Francis College for Women is a Catholic Minority Institution. It was founded in 1959 by the Sisters of Charity for the empowerment of women through a value – based holistic education. The UGC conferred Autonomy on the college in the year 1988. The College has been awarded the status of College with Potential for Excellence by the UGC in the year 2004 in recognition of its sustained efforts to promote quality education for women. This created an academic ambience for promoting innovation and creativity in the curriculum of the college. The National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) has Reaccredited the college at the ‘ A’ Level in February 2006. It is a matter of pride for all concerned that our Curriculum, Teaching - Learning and Evaluation and Infrastructure facilities have been graded at the ‘A+’ Level. This is a further boost to the college in its commitment to quality education and academic excellence.
In keeping with the changing trends in the field of higher education at the global scenario, the college is introducing Inter Disciplinary Electives (IDE) as an integral part of Choice and Credit Based Semester System from June 2006. This is a positive step towards achieving parity with educational institutions elsewhere in the world.
• The college is well established on large piece of land in Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh. The college has modern infrastructure with latest amenities.
• It has a library with a huge collection of over 60000 books and periodicals. The library is fully computerized so the students never face any inconvenience in searching the required book.
• It provides computer lab with free internet facility to all the users whether it be students or staff. All the machines are equipped with latest software.
• The Canteen provides lunch, snacks and beverages and one can have a wonderfully fun filled and relaxed time with popular music in the background.
• It has fully air-conditioned gymnasium for the physical development of the students.
• It also provides various other facilities like cafeteria, service center and common room, parking, auditorium, Board room, etc.
St. Francis College for Women Admissions
The admission to this institute is completely based on merit list. Further information regarding admission to this institute is available on the official website of the institute.
St. Francis College for Women Placements
The objective of the Placement cell is to provide an effective and mutually beneficial platform for job seekers and job providers. Hence it places its students in companies like
• Tata Capital
• Ernst & Young
• DE Shaw
• Indus Early Learning
• GE Caps
St. Francis College for Women Campus Photos
Institute Location on Map