We are a college of 127 years imparting graduate, post-graduation and research education. One of the oldest colleges of the state, we are ever new. While we take pride in our traditions, we are never complacent. We keep on searching, renewing and expanding, attempting to be ever relevant to the changing situations of the times. That is why we enjoy a place of eminence among educational institutions in the country. The college is accredited by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council. In 2004, the college was declared as a college of potential excellence by the University Grants Commission, New Delhi, along with 47other colleges in the country. After examining the academic level of the college, St. Joseph’s was declared as an autonomous college by the Karnataka Government in 2005 on the recommendation of the University Grants Commission, New Delhi.
The College has a philosophy that sets it apart from others. It believes in the Jesuit and constitutional ideal of contributing towards a society of equality, fraternity and liberty through an admission policy of’ 'preferential option for the poor’. This does not mean that we do not value merit. Merit is understood in a larger perspective here. While it is the desire of the college to provide quality education to as many young men and women from all of sections of society, we have a soft corner for students who lack opportunities. Once admitted, we expect all our students to excel in all that they do. Mediocrity is shunned here. With a firm focus on the College motto "faith and toil", we emphasise all round and integral development. Education in the College is not only to develop a critical mind but a concern heart and a right conscience. When students pass out from the College we expect them to be persons with a rational mind, secular spirit, strong social values with a commitment to cultural diversity and human values.
• The college is sprawled in a very large area with calm and peaceful environment which enables its students to pursue their career without any city chaos.
• It has a library with a collection of over 74000 books and periodicals. It has also subscribed more than 50 journals of national and international repute.
• It also has a well equipped computer lab with latest operating system and updated software. It also offers high speed internet facility to its students.
• The college encourages its students to chip in sports and other extra-curricular activities. It provides various indoor and outdoor facilities.
• It has a cool canteen located in the college premises. It offers various snacks and even meals to its students at affordable prices.
St. Josephs College - Bangalore Admissions
St. Joseph's College, Bangalore Admission 2017-18:-
St. Josephs College - Bangalore Placements
The placement cell of the institute guides its students for the personal interview and group discussions. It places its students in various well reputed companies with fair salary packages.
St. Josephs College - Bangalore Campus Photos
Institute Location on Map