The college owes its origin to the farsightedness and vision of its founder patron, Most Rev Dr Joseph Attippetty, the first Indian Archbishop of the Archdiocese of Verapoly.
Greatly concerned by the lack of educational facilities for the members of his diocese, His Grace ventured upon the mission of starting a new college at Ernakulam, the then capital of the Former State of Cochin. His efforts bore fruit in 1946 when the University of Madras accorded sanction to His Grace for starting a second grade college.
The college began functioning on 16th of July, 1946, in the old St.Albert’s High School building, situated in front of the present college campus with 150 students in the first year intermediate class.
Years have gone by. Long strides have been taken by the college in its development. Today under the patronage of His Grace Dr.Daniel Acharuparambil, St.Albert’s College is a front runner First Grade College functioning under the Mahatma Gandhi University.
• The college has well built infrastructure including sports ground. The college is placed in a very calm place in the south most state of India.
• The library of the college has a collection of more than 41800 books and periodicals. It also includes CDs and DVDs for the welfare of the students.
• The computer lab of the institute has well equipped computer with latest operating system and updated software. It provides high speed internet connectivity.
• A spacious and well-furnished canteen functions in the college campus and provides clean, tasty and reasonably priced food to the students.
• The college has great sports infrastructure with world class stadiums for various sports like tennis court, football, cricket, jockey, shuttle badminton, etc.
St.Alberts College Admissions
Eligibility for UG Courses: The candidate must have passed in 10+2 from any recognized university with minimum required marks.
Eligibility for PG Courses: The students interested in Post Graduate courses must have passed graduation in any discipline or equivalent.
Admission Procedure: Application form is available in the administration office and duly filled form is to be submitted at the same place.
St.Alberts College Placements
The college trains and places its students in various multinational companies like
• Spices Board
• ICICI Bank
• Usha Shriram
• Reliance Infocom
• Hindustan Lever
• Higashimaru India Pvt Ltd
• ING Vysya Bank
St.Alberts College Campus Photos
Data Not available. Coming Soon.
Institute Location on Map