St.Teresa's College is situated in the heart of the city of Cochin. This Kalakshetra has a proud history of 80 years to look back upon. Since its establishment in 1925, the College has progressed by leaps and bounds contributing significantly to the development of the education of women in Kerala.
The College was born as the second women's college in Kerala and the first in Cochin, under the leadership of the Carmelite Sisters of St.Teresas. Affiliated to the Mahatma Gandhi University, it is a Five Star NAAC accredited College with 2283 students, 123 faculty numbers and 49 Non-teaching Staff. St. Teresa's College has two campuses, which includes the Arts Block in the Main Campus and the Science Block located on T.D. Road.
St.Teresa's College was the first recipient of the R. Sankar Award instituted in 1995-96, a prestigious and highly coveted award given to the Best College in the State for all round excellence. The College was lucky to be chosen again for the same award in 1996-97, 1998-99 and in 2001-02.
The Rajiv Gandhi Award for the Best College in Kerala in 1999, the Fr. Joseph Thannippara Educational Trust Award for the Best Women's College in the State of Kerala (2001 and 2002) are some of the feathers in our cap. Vanitha (Malayala Manorama publications) short listed St. Teresa's College as number one among the Ten Best Colleges in Kerala.
The excellent stewardship of Mother Digna, who took over in 1946 Principal, is a significant phase in the history of this institution. At present, Sr. Victorine C.S.S.T. the Mother General is the Chairman of the Governing Body, Sr. Estelle C.S.S.T., the Provincial Superior, is the Manager and Sr. Christabelle C.S.S.T. is the Principal of the College.
• The college is located in the God’s own country- Kerala. It has calm environment so that the students can perform at their best.
• The design of the library makes students to sit and read books for long time. It has a collection of over 78000 books and periodicals. It has also subscribed various national and international journals.
• The college offers well equipped computer lab with latest operating system and updated software. It provides flexible timings to the needy students.
• The campus of the college is also housed with hostels for the outstation students. It provides better accommodation facilities with modern facilities within the campus.
• The college has canteens which serves full meals as well as snacks to its students. The eatables are prepared in hygienic surroundings.
• Teresas has a basket ball court for the students who are very much interested in sports and other extra-curricular activities.
St.Teresas College Admissions
Eligibility: 10+2 in any discipline from any recognized university.
Admission procedure: One can download the application form from the official website of the institute and should submit the same at the college office on the date fixed.
St.Teresas College Placements
The college has a dedicated placement cell which trains and places its students in various multinational companies like
Tata Consultancy Services
St.Teresas College Campus Photos
Data Not available. Coming Soon.
Institute Location on Map