Vinod Gupta School Of Management was founded in 1993 when IIT Kharagpur realized the need for IITs to produce managers who could lead organizations in a dynamic technological environment where change is a way of life. Founded with a generous contribution of Mr Vinod Gupta, founder Infocom, USA along with an equally generous support from Government of India,VGSOM started functioning with a batch size of 30 students. Over the years VGSOM has grown heaps and bounds and now attracts the best management talent in the country. We have been consistently ranked as one of the best management institutions in India and envision to become one of the best management institutes in the world.Please read on to know more about us.
NIRF Ranking 2017 -
Management - 07
• The institute has a central library with rich collection of books and periodicals in the field of management. It also has journals for the upgradation of the students.
• It has a canteen which provides fresh and reasonable food. It also provides lunch and some cold drinks for the students. The students of the institute enjoy a lot in the canteen.
• It also provides transport facility to the students at reasonable cost. Institute’s transport is more convenient than any means of transport.
• The college provides separate hostels for both boys and girls with all the modern facilities within it. So the students don’t need to move out for any of their needs.
• It encourages sports among the students for the all the mental as well as physical development of the students.
• It also has bank/ATM within the premises of the institute campus.
Vinod Gupta School of Management (VGSOM) Admissions
Admission to the B.Tech courses is on the basis of entrance exam score and the candidate must have passed 10+2 from any recognized university.
Eligibility: 10+2+3 and CAT exam.
Vinod Gupta School of Management (VGSOM) Faculty
Designation - Director
Designation - Dean
Designation - Associate Professor
Qualification - Ph.D from IIT Delhi
Vinod Gupta School of Management (VGSOM) Placements
Vinod Gupta School of Management (VGSOM)'s placement cell not only provides placement assistance to the students in relevant organisation but it also helps the students of the institute in their career planning, preparation for selection tests, summer placement, internship and final placements.
Summer Internship Recruitment Programme (SIRP) is conducted every year by Vinod Gupta School of Management where in top organizations of the country are invited to recruit first year students for summer internships.
Students have picked up the profiles of their choice from across a variety of domains including Finance, Operations, Marketing, Consulting and Systems. 38% of students were placed in Consulting sector, 22% in Operations sector, 18% in Finance sector, 11% in Marketing sector, 5% in IT and HR sector. The companies particpating were ABB, Balmer Lawrie, BHEL, Heinz, ITC, Mahindra and Mahindra, Tata Motors, Vedanta Resources, UB Group, Welspun, BHEL, SCI, AMI Partners, Avalon Consulting, Deloitte, Deloitte-USA, IBM, i-Maritime Infosys, KPMG and Wipro Consulting.
Placement Package 2011:-
Highest Package - 15 lakh p.a.
Average Package - 9 lakh p.a
Lowest Package - 8 lakh p.a
Vinod Gupta School of Management (VGSOM) Campus Photos
Vinod Gupta School of Management (VGSOM) News
Institute Location on Map