The Vydehi Institute of Medical Sciences and Research centre binds itself in the realms of a pleasant and peaceful atmosphere of greenery that is enclosed within the boundaries of sector of Information Technology. The 65 acres campus enjoys a dual benefit of its location by any easy access to the essential facilities from the city as well as avoiding the polluted and rushed areas of the busy city simultaneously.
The campus of this Institution has laid imposing standards in free tertiary healthcare with love and compassion for the underprivileged and ailing. The institute focuses to deliver high quality, comprehensive, integrated medical education including innovative thoughts towards modern technology and research. The institute is supported by a full-fledged high-tech 1000 bedded hospital . The hospital comprising of well-trained staff provides focused healthcare services involving new technology. Recreational facilities, residential buildings and a hostel forming a congenial self-contained unit are a sector of this campus.
Vydehi Institute of Medical Science and Research Centre has prepared students for lives of expanding opportunity, service, and achievement. An independent, comprehensive college, it offers students of many ages and backgrounds purposeful learning for the whole of life.
Vydehi advances the practical and professional relevance of the liberal arts tradition. In short, it assumes that one’s work in the world is a central concern for an educated person. VIMS students do not have to choose between the breadth of liberal learning and the depth of professional preparation. We know that the truly educated professional needs both. VIMS curriculum brings together these two indispensable elements of a complete college education. Working in harmony, they enable us to restore wholeness to the ancient tradition of liberal learning, by embracing practice as the first fruit of inquiry. VIMS primary institutional strength is the recognized excellence of its programs and faculty. Great teaching in classes lies at the heart of the heritage and mission. The average class at Vydehi has 100 students. These talented scholars are at the college because they love to teach, in an environment where they come to know their students as individuals with distinct outlooks and unique gifts.
• The campus is enormous and one can have an aroma of tranquility in it. It is located in the area called White Field. Campus has a set of several blocks which consist of Vydehi Institute of Dental Sciences, Vydehi Institute of Nursing Science, Vydehi Institute of Oncology along with Vydehi Institute of Medical Sciences (VIMS) and Vydehi Hospital. It could not be said as one of the best institutes in the country but it’s not even the least as well. It offers a number of facilities such as:-
• It has neat and cleaned cafeteria which covers an area of 2500 sq. ft. It is situated in the basement of the administrative building and catering is done in hygienic conditions and food is cooked on steam facilities.
• Separate hostels are offered for boys and girls with a capacity of three students in each room. Hostels are kept secure with 24 hours security and rooms are maintained on monthly basis. Luxurious facilities are also provided in the hostel like solar heated water facility, water cooler, common telephone, common TV room, common reading room etc. It also has gymnasium and indoor games facilities.
• Along with the quality education students are also encouraged to take part in the sports and other cultural activities. Required equipments are provided by the management for sports, so that the students can show their complete interest in sports.
• The institute has given more importance to its library, the library has more than 11, 000 books with audiovisual facilities like OHP and Slide Projector. Library is kept open only for 12 hours i.e. from 9 AM to 9 PM.
• Transport facilities are offered to the students as well as faculty members who stay at a longer distance from the institute.
Vydehi Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre Admissions
Under Graduate Admission:-
The candidates who opt for takin admission to MBBS course should have passed their two years P.U.C. Examination conducted by the P.U.C. Board, Karnataka State with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology as Optional subjects or any other examination recognized as equivalent by the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Science.
In case of admission on the basis of qualifying examination to medical course a candidate must have obtained not less than 50 Percent marks in English and 50 Percent marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken together in the qualifying examination.
However, in respect of Schedule Caste/ Scheduled Tribe and Category- 1 candidates, the minimum marks required for admission shall be 40% in lieu of 50% for general candidates.
Age:- The candidate should have completed 17 years on or before 31st day of December of the year of admission.
Post Graduate Admissions
Degree / Diploma Programs:-
Applicants must meet all requirements stipulated by Medical Council of India. Accordingly, they should have successfully passed their M.B.B.S. from an institution recognized by Medcial Council of India and must have completed.
MCI / DCI Norms:-
Every student, selected for admission to the Post Graduate medical course in any of the medical institutions in the country, shall possess recognized M.B.B.S. degree or equivalent qualification and should have obtained permanent registration with the Medical Council of India or any of the State Medical Council or should obtain the same with in one month from the date of admission, failing which the admission of the candidate shall be cancelled.
For Karnataka CET students:- Rs. 63,000/- per year
For UGET (COMEDK) students:- Rs. 3.25L per year
Vydehi Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre Faculty
Mrs. D.A. Kalpaja
Designation : Director
Vydehi Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre Placements
Placement details will be added soon.
Vydehi Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre Campus Photos
Institute Location on Map