The Xavier Institute of Social Service (XISS) was established as an extension department of St. Xavier’s College, Ranchi, in 1955 with the objective of training young men and women in Rural Development, Personnel Management and Industrial Relations. In 1973 the institute was registered as a separate educational society under the Societies Registration Act, 1860. In 1978, it moved to its present site and over the years has developed its own distinct identity as a centre of excellence in management education, research, consultancy and development interventions.
• The institute campus is quite huge which consist of its own playground and basket ball court. Sports activities make a balance with studies and helps students to develop their personalities.
• A huge library is offered with a total number of 45000 books and journals. Along with the books there are Journals, Encyclopedias, Almanacs and Magazines
• Seminar hall is provided with high quality sound and great sitting arrangements with 300 people.
• Conference rooms & Class rooms are structured with modern ideas, consisting of audio video facility to make a better interaction.
• Well furnished hostels are provided only for girls with a capacity of 100 students. Faculty Quarters is placed in a separate campus.
Xavier Institute of Social Service (XISS) Admissions
Eligibility:- A candidate must have completed his 10+2+3 i.e graduation from any recognized university in any stream with minimum 50 % marks.
Exams:- Students are placed on the basis of All India Management Admission Test score then the candidate will be called for the group discussion and personal interview.
Xavier Institute of Social Service (XISS) Faculty
Dr. (Fr.) Alexius Ekka S.J
Designation - Director
Qualification - PGDRD (XISS), M.Phil (TISS), PhD (JNU)
Dr. (Fr.) Ranjit Pascal Toppo S.J
Designation - Asst. Director,
Qualification - M.A., Ph. D
Prof. Amar Eron Tigga
Designation - Professor
Qualification - B.Tech (ISM Dhanbad), PGDM, (IIM, Kolkata)
Xavier Institute of Social Service (XISS) Placements
Xavier Institute of Social Service's placement cell not only provides placement assistance to the students in relevant organisation but it also helps the students of the institute in their career planning, preparation for selection tests, summer placement, internship and final placements.
The summer internship is considered to be a part of the curriculum and the student has to be in constant touch with faculty members on campus and mentors in their workplace who act as guides and monitor their progress. Such focus on creating value out of summer internships, a rarity elsewhere, is a feature of Xavier Institute of Social Service campuses.
Final placement takes place in the last term. The companies that come to campus offers a plethora of profiles across verticals and functional domains like Investment Banking, Private Equity, Project Finance, Equity Research, Business Advisory and Strategy, Sales, Marketing, SCM Consulting, Operational Research and Technology Advisory.
Highest Package - 17 lakh p.a.
Average Package - 6.5 lakh p.a.
Lowest Package - 2.4 lakh p.a.
Xavier Institute of Social Service (XISS) Campus Photos
Xavier Institute of Social Service (XISS) News
Institute Location on Map