2011 BSNL Placement Paper - I, Delhi/NCR
- Sub CategoryPlacement Papers
- Posted date on our Website15 April 2011
Here are the details of 2011 BSNL Placement Paper - I job in BSNL. This job or placement paper has been sourced from either company website or newspaper or other media and from students who appeared for this job. User is requested to verify the data before applying for the job.
2011 BSNL Placement Paper - I with Answers and Solutions:-
1. When a piece of copper and another of germanium are cooled from room temperature to 800 K then the resistance of -
a) Each of them increases
b) Each of them decreases
c) Copper increases and germanium decreases
d) Copper decreases and germanium increases
2. When a signal of 10 mV at 75 MHz is to be measured then which of the following instrument can be used -
b) Cathode ray oscilloscope
c) Moving iron voltmeter
d) Digital multimeter
3. When a sample of germanium and silicon having same impurity density are kept at room temperature then ?
a) Both will have equal value of resistivity
b) Both will have equal value negative resistivity
c) Resistivity of germanium will be higher than that of silicon
d) Resistivity of silicon will be higher than that of germanium
4. When an RC driving point impedance function has zeros at s= -2 and s=-5 then the admissible poles for the function would be ?
a) s = 0; s = -6
b) s = 0; s = -3
c) s = 0; s = -1
d) s = -3; s = -4
5. For the n-type semiconductor with n = Np and p = , the hole concentration will fall below the intrinsic value because some of the holes ?
a) drop back to acceptor impurity states
b) drop to donor impurity states
c) Virtually leave the crystal
d) recombine with the electrons
6. Time constant of an RC circuit increases if the value of the resistance is ?
c) Neither a nor b
d) Both a and b
7. Telemetering is a method of ?
a) Counting pulses sent over long distances
b) Transmitting pictures from one place to another
c) Transmitting information concerning a process over a distance
8. When the gauge factor of a strain gauge is 2, stress is 1050 kg/cm2, Y = 2.1? 106 kg/cm2 and R is 100 ohms then the value of DR will be -
9. As the drain voltage is increased for a junction FET in the pinch off region then the drain current ?
a) Becomes zero
b) Abruptly decreases
c) Abruptly increases
d) Remains constant
9. One of the following, which is not a transducer in the true sense, is ?
b) Piezoelectric pick up
c) Photo-Voltaic cell
10. When a transistor is required to match a 100W signal source with a high impedance output circuit then the connection that would be used is ?
a) Common base
b) Common collector
c) Common emitter
d) Emitter follower
12. In a JFET gates are always ?
a) forward biased
b) reverse biased
13. An average responding rectifier type electronic ac voltmeter has its scale calibrated in terms of the rms value of a sine wave, when a square wave voltage of peak magnitude 100V is measured using this voltmeter then the reading indicated by the meter, will be ?
14. When a four terminal T network is inserted between a source and load resistance as shown in figure then the resistance seen by the source remain the same with or without the four terminal block when R is ?
b) 10 W
c) 15 W
d) 20 W
15. Which one of the following conditions for Z parameters would hold for a two port network containing linear bilateral passive circuit elements ?
a) Z11 = Z22
b) Z12Z21 = Z11Z22
c) Z11Z12 = Z22Z21
d) Z12 = Z21
16. While calculating Rth, constant current sources in the circuit are ?
a) replaced by opens
b) replaced by ?shorts?
c) treated in parallel with other voltage sources
d) converted into equivalent voltage sources
17. Maxwell?s loop current method of solving electrical networks ?
a) uses branch currents
b) utilizes kirchhoff?s voltage law
c) is confined to single-loop circuits
d) is a network reduction method
18. A transmission line of characteristic impedance Z0 = 50 ohms, phase velocity Vp = 2 x 108 m/s and length l = 1m is terminated by a load ZL= ( 30 ? j 40 ) ohms. The input impedance of the line for a frequency of 100 MHz will be
a)(30 + j40 ) ohms
b)( 30 ? j40 ) ohms
c)(50 + j40 ) ohms
d)(50 ? j40 ) ohms
19. For an elliptically polarized wave incident on the interface of a dielectric at the Brewster angle then the reflected wave will be-
a) Elliptically polarized
b) Linearly polarized
c) Right circularly polarized
d) Left circularly polarized
20. A yagi antenna has a driven antenna-
b) With a reflector
c) With one or more directors
d) With a reflector and one or more directors
21. The number of lobes on each side of a 3l resonant antenna is ?
22. The electric field intensity of a Hertizian dipole at a remote point varies as - Radiation resistance of a half wave folded dipole is -
a) 72 W
c) 288 W
23. When a carrier wave is modulated at 100% it?s power is increased by -
24. On a clear sky day, the atmospheric radio noise is strongest -
a) During morning hours
b) Around mid-day
c) During nights
d) In the afternoon
25. TV broadcasting system in India is as per CCIR -
a) System B
b) System I
c) System M
d) System X
Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd. (BSNL) was established in 2000. It is World's 7th largest Telecommunications Company providing comprehensive range of telecom services in India: Wireline, CDMA mobile, GSM Mobile, Internet, Broadband, Carrier service, MPLS-VPN, VSAT, VoIP services, IN Services etc. Presently it is one of the largest & leading public sector unit in India.
BSNL has installed Quality Telecom Network in the country and now focusing on improving it, expanding the network, introducing new telecom services with ICT applications in villages and wining customer's confidence. Today, it has about 46 million line basic telephone capacity, 8 million WLL capacity, 52 Million GSM Capacity, more than 38302 fixed exchanges, 46565 BTS, 3895 Node B ( 3G BTS), 287 Satellite Stations, 614755 Rkm of OFC Cable, 50430 Rkm of Microwave Network connecting 602 Districts, 7330 cities/towns and 5.6 Lakhs villages.
Working at BSNL - Why Should i Join BSNL?:-
BSNL is the only service provider, making focused efforts and planned initiatives to bridge the Rural-Urban Digital Divide ICT sector. In fact there is no telecom operator in the country to beat its reach with its wide network giving services in every nook & corner of country and operates across India except Delhi & Mumbai. Whether it is inaccessible areas of Siachen glacier and North-eastern region of the country. BSNL serves its customers with its wide bouquet of telecom services.
Address of BSNL:-
Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd. (BSNL)
Bharat Sanchar Bhavan
Harish Chandra Mathur Lane
Janpath, New Delhi-110 001
(Disclaimer : This Job or placement paper has been sourced from various sources like print media, Job consultants, past candidates, our users and/ or Company website. The posted date above means the date on which the Job was posted on our site and not on the company site. Users are advised to check with the company for latest requirements before applying for the job. Our website will not be responsible for any loss to the company or the candidate. We have no relation with the company and are not responsible for the validity of this Job. We donot charge the company or candidate or any student anything. If the respective company has any issue with the data provided or they want this particular job or placement paper to be removed they can write into us at firstname.lastname@example.org)