Here are the details of 2011 CDAC Placement Paper - III job in CDAC - Centre for Development of Advanced Computing. This job or placement paper has been sourced from either company website or newspaper or other media and from students who appeared for this job. User is requested to verify the data before applying for the job.
Welcome to CDAC Placement Paper 2011. Here you will find CDAC Placement Paper Pattern and Download questions of CDAC Placement Paper 2011 with Answers & Solutions.
2011 CDAC Placement Paper:-
1. How many terms of the series -9 , -6 , -3 ,.........must be taken such that the sum may be 66?
2. The side of a rectangle are whole numbers. What must their lengths be for the perimeter for the rectangle to be numerically equal to its area?
3 and 6
4 and 5
4 and 6
5 and 5
3. A path 7 metres wide surrounds a circular lawn whose diameter is 252m.What is the area of path?
None of these
4. If the negative of the sum of two consecutive odd numbers is less than -35, which of the following may be one of the numbers?
5. What is the perimeter of a rectangle that is twice as long as it is wide and has the same area as a circle of diameter 8?
6. Towns A and C are connected by a straight highway which is 60 miles long. The straight line distance between town A and town B is 50 miles, and the straight line distance from town B to town C is 50 miles. How many miles is it from town B to the point on the highway connecting town A and C which is closest to town B?
7. A batsman played 17 innings during a season and he was not out. The score of 85 improves his average by 3 runs in the 17th innings. His average score after 16th innings is
8. If paper costs 1 paisa per sheet, and a buyer gets a 2% discount on all the paper he buys after the first 1000 sheets, how much will it costs to buy 5000 sheets of paper?
9. The income of a broker remains unchanged though the rate of commission is increased from 4% to 5%. The percentage of slump in business is 8%
10. There are 4 quarts in a gallon. A gallon of motor oil sells for Rs.12 and a quart of the same oil sells for Rs.5. The owner of a rental agency has 6 machines and each machine needs 5 quarts of oil. What is the minimum amount of money she must spend to purchase enough oil ?
11. A truck departed from Newton at 11:53a.m. and arrived in Far City,240 miles away, at 4:41 p.m. on the same day. What was the approximate average speed of the truck on this trip?
12. A girl rode her bicycle from home to school, a distance of 15 miles, at an average speed of 15 miles per hour. She returned home from school by walking at an average speed of 5 miles per hour. What was her average speed for the round trip if she took the same route in both directions?
7.5 miles per hour
10 miles per hour
12.5 miles per hour
13 miles per hour
13. A is thrice as good a workman as B. If the time taken by B to do piece of works exceeds that taken by A by 8 days. In how many days A does the work.
14. The population of a town was 54,000 in the last census. It has increased 2/3 since then. Its present population is
15. One hundred job applicants show up in response to a classified ad.If 60 percent of them are female and if 3/4 of the female applicants are willing to relocate if the job demands it, how many are not willing to relocate?
It cannot be determined from the information given
16. Mr. Smith drove at an average speed of 50mph for the first two hours of his trip. For the next three hours, he averaged 20 mph. What was Mr. Smith`s average speed for the five-hour trip ?
17. A postal truck leaves its station and heads for Chicago, averaging 40mph. An error in the mailing schedule is spotted and 24 minutes after the truck leaves, a car is sent to overtake the truck. If the car averages 50mph, how long will it take to catch the postal truck?
18. The length breadth and height of a cuboid are in the ratio 1 : 2 :3. The length, breadth and height of the cuboid are increased by 100%, 200% and 200% respectively. Then the increase in the volume of the cuboid is
19. An Automobile covers the distance between two cities at a speed of 60km. per hour and on the return journey it covers at a speed of 40 km. per hour. Find the average speed.
20. A man buys 200 shares (par value of Rs.10) of a company, which pays 12% per annum as dividend, at such a price he gets 15% on his money. Find the market value(app.) of a share.
21. An old picture has dimensions 33 inches by 24 inches. What one length must be cut from each dimension so that the ratio of the shorter side to the longer side is 2:3?
10 1/2 inches
22. Hiralal earned a profit of Rs. 300 by selling 100 kg of mixture of A and B types of rice at a total price of Rs. 1100. What was the proportion of A and B types of rice in the mixture if the cost prices of A and B types of rice are Rs. 10 and Rs. 5 per kg respectively ?
3 : 2
2 : 5
2 : 773
5 : 2
23. A fraction has a value of 2/5. If the numerator is decreased by 2 and the denominator increased by 1, then the resulting fraction is 1/4.What is the value of the numerator of the original fraction ?
24. TCP/IP Protocol Architecture was designed to carry data over the ARPANET. What type of network is the ARPANET?
a) Message switching network.
b) Packet switching network.
c) Packet routing network.
d) A hybrid of a packet and message routing network.
25. Your company has been assigned a Class B IP address. You are administrating a country-wide network with 45 individual subnets. Over the next year, you will be adding 60 subnets. What subnet mask should you use that will allow the most hosts per subnet?
a) 255.255.252.0 b) 255.255.254.0 c) 255.0.0.0 d) 255.255.0.0
26. What layer of the OSI model handles such issues as file access and transfer and virtual terminal emulation?
a) Application b) Network c) Transport d) Session
27. You have implemented RSA encryption technology on your network. It seems to be working well. However, one station always receives encrypted emails as garbled text, meaning the protocol stack is corrupted. What OSI layer above can be assumed to be faulty?
a) Data Link Layer b) Presentation Layer c) Session Layer d) Transport Layer
28.What is the maximum segment length for 10Broad36?
a) 85 meters b) 200 meters c) 36 meters d) 3600 meters
29. Which networking standard describes cabling requirements for Ethernet?
a) 802.2 b) 802.3 c) 802.4 d) 802.5
30. You have been given the Class C address of 220.127.116.11. What size subnet mask will give you the greatest possible number of hosts?
a) An 8-bit mask of 255.255.255.255 for 254 hosts.
b) An 8-bit mask of 255.255.255.0 for 254 hosts.
c) An 8-bit mask of 255.255.0.0 for 65,534 hosts.
d) An 8-bit mask of 255.255.0.0 for 8190 hosts.
31. Describe a fully-meshed star network.
a) A network with a central router that has a unique path to each end-point router and some of the end-point routers have links to one another.
b) A network with a central router that feeds a number of smaller routers that in turn feed a number of end-point routers.
c) A network with a central router that has a unique path to each end-point router.
d) A network in which all the routers have unique paths to one another
32. Why is SNMP considered lacking in security?
a) SNMP devices send messages about their failing conditions.
b) The SNMP manager broadcasts sensitive information to the managed devices.
c) The SNMP passwords are clear ASCII text.
d) SNMP passwords cannot be changed.
33. Which one of the following statements correctly describes differences between a bridge and a layer two switch?
a) A layer two switch is a high speed, multi-port bridge.
b) A layer two switch cannot use the Spanning Tree Protocol to learn a network’s topology, while
c) A layer two switch can support multiple network media types, such as twisted pair, fiber, and coax, while a bridge is limited to supporting a single network media type.
d) A layer two switch is than an Ethernet hub that supports different speeds on different ports, while a bridge requires all ports to have the same speed.
34. How are packet forwarding decisions made in an OSI reference model layer three device?
a) The device compares the destination MAC address to an internal table that associates MAC addresses to particular ports.
b) In a layer three device, every packet is sent out of every port.
c) In a layer three device, packets are forwarded based on node name.
d) The device compares the destination network address to an internal table that associates network addresses to particular ports.
35. Which one of the following describes the IP address 18.104.22.168
a) A Class A address that is 32 bits in length
b) A Class B address that is 16 bits in length
c) A Class B address that is 32 bits in length
d) A Class C address that is 32 bits in length
36. What is the main function of a router?
a) Setting up communications between networks that use dissimilar IP segments but the same Subnet Masks
b) Connecting logically separate network segments.
c) Providing IP configuration to computers using DHCP
d) Authenticating users to the network
e) Connecting to the Internet.
37. Network cards in computers communicate with each other using unique MAC addresses, similar to street addresses. Where do these unique addresses come from?
a) The network administrator makes up addresses to use and then programs them into the software.
b) The manufacturer publishes a range of addresses in the manual that you choose from.
c) The network card searches the network and then assigns itself a unique address from an elaborate algorithm using the alread-allocated addresses.
d) The IEEE assigns every manufacturer a prefix and a block of address range, typically expressed in hexadecimala bridge can.
38. Portability standards are discussed widely in four areas, which of the following is not one of them.
a) Operating Systems
b) Data Management
c) Programming Languages
39. Which of the following is not an essential feature of Data Link Layer protocols as defined by ISO/OSI model
a) Message orientation
b) Error Detection
c) Error correction by re-transmission
d) None of the above
40. Which of the following describes the OSI Class 3 transport (TP3)
a) Do nothing
b) Signaled Error Recovery
d) Signalled error recovery and multiplexing
Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC) is the premier R&D organization of the Department of Information Technology (DIT), Ministry of Communications & Information Technology (MCIT) for carrying out R&D in IT, Electronics and associated areas. Different areas of C-DAC, had originated at different times, many of which came out as a result of identification of opportunities.
Why CDAC - Why should i join CDAC?:-
C-DAC recognizes the value of its intellectual resource and offers them the best not only in terms of a congenial but a competitive work environment, a competitive package with benefits and perks that match some of the best in the country.
C-DAC offers exciting career opportunities at its headquarters in Pune, centres in Bangalore, New Delhi, Hyderabad and cells at Chennai, Thiruvananthapuram and Kolkata.
Address of CDAC:-
Gulmohar Cross Road No. 9
Juhu, Mumbai - 400 049
Fax: +91-22-26232195/ 26210139
First and Second Floors
E - 25, Hauz Khas Market
New Delhi - 110016.
C-DAC (Head Quarters)
Pune University Campus
Pune - 411 007
Fax: +91-20-2569 4004
C-DAC Knowledge Park
Opp. HAL Aeroengine Division
Old Madras Road
Bengaluru - 560 038
Phones: +91-80-6611 6400/01/02/03,
(Disclaimer : This Job or placement paper has been sourced from various sources like print media, Job consultants, past candidates, our users and/ or Company website. The posted date above means the date on which the Job was posted on our site and not on the company site. Users are advised to check with the company for latest requirements before applying for the job. Our website will not be responsible for any loss to the company or the candidate. We have no relation with the company and are not responsible for the validity of this Job. We donot charge the company or candidate or any student anything. If the respective company has any issue with the data provided or they want this particular job or placement paper to be removed they can write into us at email@example.com)