Here are the details of 2011 Dell Placement Paper job in Dell. This job or placement paper has been sourced from either company website or newspaper or other media and from students who appeared for this job. User is requested to verify the data before applying for the job.
Welcome to Dell Placement Paper 2009. Here you will find Dell Placement Paper Pattern and Download questions of Dell Placement Paper 2009 with Answers & Solutions.
2009 Dell Placement Paper:-
1. Three bells rings at the intervals of 36 seconds, 40 seconds and 48 seconds respectively. They start ringing together at a particular time. When they will start ringing together again?
(1)After 6 minutes
(2) After 12 minutes
(3)After 18 minutes
(4) After 24 minutes
2. The sum of one-half, one-third and one-fourth of a number exceeds the number by 12. The number is
3. A farmer divides his herd of x cows among his 4 sons so that one son gets one half of the herd, the second gets one-fourth, the third gets one-fifth and the fourth gets 7 cows. Then x is equal to
4. If the list price of a book is reduced by Rs. 5, then a person can buy 5 more books for Rs. 300. The original cost of the book is
(1) Rs. 15
(2) Rs. 20
(3) Rs. 25
(4) Rs. 30
5. A man has only 20-paise and 25-paise coins in a bag. If he has 50 coins in all totaling to Rs.11.25, then the number of 20-paise coins is
(2) 27 1
6. What is the output of the program
printf(" Hello World");
// A. Hello World
// B. Hello World Hello World
// c. Error Message
// D. None of these
7. What is the output of the program
if(++k && ++i<--j|| i++)
printf(" %d %d %d",i,-j--,k);
// A. 4,-3,2
// B. 5,-3,2
// c. 4,-2,2
// D. 5,-2,2
Directions 8-9:- On the basis of given statements answer the following questions: All good athletes want win and all athletes who want to win, eat a well-balanced diet. Therefore, all athletes who do not eat a well-balanced diet are bad athletes.
8. If assumptions of the argument above are true, then which of the following statements must be true?
1) No athlete who does not eat a well-balanced diet is a good athlete.
2) No bad athlete wants to win.
3) Every athlete who eats a well-balanced diet is a good athlete.
4) All athletes who want to win are good athletes.
9. Which of the following if true, would refute the assumptions of argument above?
1) Bob, the accountant, eats a well-balanced diet, but he is not a good athlete.
2) Ann wants to win, but she is not a good athlete.
3) All the players on the Burros baseball team eat a well-balanced diet.
4) Cindy, the basketball star, does not eat a well-balanced diet, but she is a good athlete.
10. In class of 10 students, the teacher writes a number on the board. The first student tells that the number is divisible by 1, the second student tells that the number is divisible by 2, the third by 3, the forth by 4 and so on till 10. If the statement of one of the students in wrong then what is the least number possible.
11. The first and the last sentences of a set of sentences are given. The middle four sentences are in jumbled form we have to select the order in which the sentences are to be placed so that they convey a meaningful message.
12. A passage with two paragraphs is given. Then two questions are asked based on it. Could not remember it.
13. A stamp collector arranges his stamps during his free time. When he arranges his stamps in pairs, there is one stamp left. It is the same when he arranges the stamps in groups of 3, 4, 5 and 6. Now, how many stamps will he be left with when he arranges them in groups of 8.
Directions 14-15: In each of the number series given in these questions, the two terms have been put within brackets. Mark your answer as :
(1) If the first bracketed term is right and second is wrong.
(2) If both the bracketed terms are right.
(3) If the first bracketed term is wrong and the second is right.
(4) If both the bracketed terms are wrong.
14. 4, 6, 10, (12), 16, (14), 22
15. 3, 10, 29, (66), (127), 218
16. There can be no arguing against a ___________ of mass public _________ and distribution of medicines, as in the UK.
1) trend, awareness 2) notion, welfare
2) phenomenon, acceptance
3) system, procurement
4) backdrop, campaign
17. The government should ________ with the industry about what would be a _________ price for certain essential drugs.
1) negotiate, reasonable
2) deal, transparent
3) appeal, negotiable
4) raise, genuine
5) refrain, uniform
18. A certain number of men can finish a piece of work in 10 days. If however there were 10 men less it will take 10 days more for the work to be finished. How many men were there originally?
(A) 110 men
(B) 130 men
(C) 100 men
(D) none of these
19. In simple interest what sum amounts of Rs.1120/- in 4 years and Rs.1200/- in 5 years ?
(A) Rs. 500
(B) Rs. 600
(C) Rs. 800
(D) Rs. 900
20. Two trains move in the same direction at 50 kmph and 32 kmph respectively. A man in the slower train observes the 15 seconds elapse before the faster train completely passes by him.
What is the length of faster train ?
For more than 26 years, Dell has empowered countries, communities, customers and people everywhere to use technology to realize their dreams. Customers trust us to deliver technology solutions that help them do and achieve more, whether they’re at home, work, school or anywhere in their world. Learn more about our story, purpose and people behind our customer-centric approach.
Dell is uniquely positioned to impact industry trends. It maintain strong internal development capabilities. Dell partner, rather than compete, with top industry technology suppliers and original development manufacturers. It steer enabling industry standards and technologies through industry groups and strategic partners. In this way, Dell spurs innovation and delivers value to customers.
Working at Dell - Why should i Join Dell?:-
Join Dell,and you’ll work in a dynamic environment with other motivated, talented individuals who inspire greatness in their teammates. And you’ll get all the resources you need to realize your loftiest career goals. So take a look around to learn more about our career opportunities, and discover just how bright your future can be.
Address of Dell:-
12/1, 12/2A, 13/1A, Divya Shree Greens
Koramangala Ring Road, Challaghatta, Varthur Hobli
(Disclaimer : This Job or placement paper has been sourced from various sources like print media, Job consultants, past candidates, our users and/ or Company website. The posted date above means the date on which the Job was posted on our site and not on the company site. Users are advised to check with the company for latest requirements before applying for the job. Our website will not be responsible for any loss to the company or the candidate. We have no relation with the company and are not responsible for the validity of this Job. We donot charge the company or candidate or any student anything. If the respective company has any issue with the data provided or they want this particular job or placement paper to be removed they can write into us at firstname.lastname@example.org)