Here are the details of 2011 Quark Placement Paper - I job in Quark. This job or placement paper has been sourced from either company website or newspaper or other media and from students who appeared for this job. User is requested to verify the data before applying for the job.
2011 Quark Placement Paper - I with Answers, Solutions:-
1) The device that can transform digital data into analog data is called a
2) Following is true about the IP of a machine
a) It is 48-bit and will always be unique around the world.
b) It is 48-bit and is not necessarily be unique around the world.
c) It is 32-bit and will always be unique around the world.
d) It is 32-bit and is not necessarily be unique around the world.
3) A machine having 64MB memory runs a executable which is 300MB on disk. This is achieved by:
a) Use of FAR pointers
b) Page swapping.
c) Save some variables on another machine on network.
d.) Cannot be run on the machine.
4) Which of the following is true about thread and process startup speed:
a.) The startup of a thread is faster than a process.
b.) The process startup is faster as it is directly controlled by the OS.
c.) They will be equal.
d.) Depends on OS that is used. Faster on Windows98 slower on NT.
5) What causes "Thrashing" of a program :
a.) The constant swapping of program due to page faults.
b.) The inability of a program to get assess to a network resource.
c.) A near overflow / underflow of a variable.
d.) Assessing a memory area not allocated to the process.
6) Turbo-C is a / an
a.) IDE and C compiler/linker.
c) C .
d) code generator.
7) The path of creation of an executable is :
a.) coding, linking, compiling, parsing.
b.) coding, parsing, compiling, linking.
c.) coding, compiling, parsing, linking.
d.) coding, compiling, linking, parsing.
8) Memory leak in software is due to
a.) Heavy recursion used in logic.
b.) Using structures of large size
c.) Improper use of the CPU registers.
d.) Improper release of allocated memory .
9) A "stable sort" is different from "sort" in the following way
a) Stable sort handles multiple thread access.
b.) Stable sort maintains the order of equal entities as it was in original sequence.
c.) Stable sort will always sort using the fastest scheme available in the library.
d.) Stable sort can handle exceptional conditions like interrupts in software.
11) The classic way of checking whether a mathematical expression has matched paranthesis will employ the following data structure :
b.) Directed Graph
c.) Threaded Binary tree.
12) The fastest sorting algorithm for a Random set of numbers is:
a.) Quick sort
b.) Shell sort
c.) Bubble sort
d.) Double Bubble sort.
Ans. a or b, I don’t know
13) Which of these items is not a form of IPC:
a.) Shared Memory
c.) Message queues.
14) The term "socket" in software refers to:
a.) The software primitive which allows access to the hardware attached to the computer.
b.) The API exposed by drivers to assess a hardware.
c.) End point of connection used to transfer data programmatically.
d.) Th primitive used by OS to get assess to the CPU for process scheduling.
15) Which of these statements is True:
a.) XML is a sub-set of HTML.
b.) XML is a less generic markup language standard derived from SGML.
c.) XML is HTML for Xtended Interfaces like mobile-phones.
d.) XML is a Xtension of HTML which defines new tags.
16) DCOM and CORBA are:
a.) Specifications which enable faster downloads on the net.
b.) Specifications that allow objects to be accessed in a location independent manner.
c.) Parallel implementations of XML by Microsoft and Sun respectively..
d.) Specifications to store objects on disk, for later retrieval.
17) The Process that involves monitoring and improving the software product development is:
(a) Quality Assurance
(b) Quality Control
(c) Quality Improvement
(d) None of the above
18) An executable test that verifies a functionality of the software unit with given input and expected output is called:
(a) Test Script
(b) Test Plan
(c) Test Case
(d) All of the above
Ans. maybe c
19) A Bug in the software is, when there is
(a) Application Crash
(b) Feature Failure
(c) Loss of Data
(d) All of the above
Ans. maybe a, or probably d
20) Testing based on External Specifications without knowledge of how the system is constructed:
(a) Black Box Testing
(b) White Box Testing
(c) Stress Testing
(d) Performance Testing
(e) None of the above
21) Which of the following is false
(a) QA is a process defined to attain Quality Standards
(b) QC is testing of the product during its production workflow
(c) A Test case could contain many Test Pl
(d) A Test Plan could contain many Test Script & Test Cases
22) A Printing Machine that transfers impressions from Flat Plate to Rubber Cylinder, thence to paper is called
(a) Laser Printer
(b) Press, Offset
(c) Digital Printer
(d) All of the above
Ans. maybe Offset
23) Printing process in which ink is applied to paper or board from raised portions of printing plates or type is called:
(a) Printing, Letterpress
(b) Printing, Flexographic
(c) Printing, Silk screen
(d) None of the above
Ans. maybe letterpress
24) Yellow (lemon), Magenta (cold red), Cyan (blue-green) are the three
(a) Process Colors
(b) Monitor Colors
(c) Special Colors
(d) Spot Colors
25) Leading specifies:
(a) The space between the lines in a paragraph.
(b) The space between the base of a line to the base of the following line in a paragraph.
(c) The space between the top of the X height and the bottom of the X height of the following line in a paragraph
(d) The space between the beard of the top line and the beard of the bottom-line.
26) Which is a typical page layout program out of the following software products:
(a) Adobe Photoshop
(b) Adobe PageMaker
(c) Macromedia Freehand
(d) Macromedia Director
About Quark :-
Quark was established in 1981. in Denver, Colorado. Quark development center in Chandigarh, India largest development, testing and support center worldwide. The work culture is based on team collaboration, cooperation, and united goals, established by employees from many different offices. The group creates and supports world-class software following an integrated product development strategy with clear and defined roles for each team.
Working at Quark - Why should i join Quark?:-
Quark promotes an initiative-based culture driven by a focus on our customers and leadership to advance innovative ideas and solutions that meet customer and business needs. From this foundation stem our core values of leadership, empowerment, communication, execution and customer focus.
Quark employees run Community ConneXions, a global grass-roots effort for giving back to the communities where we live and serve. Community ConneXions activities focus on volunteerism, financial contributions, and other activities with charitable organizations.
Address of Quark:-
Quark India Pvt Ltd.
A 45 Industrial Area
Phase VIII B Mohali 160059
(Disclaimer : This Job or placement paper has been sourced from various sources like print media, Job consultants, past candidates, our users and/ or Company website. The posted date above means the date on which the Job was posted on our site and not on the company site. Users are advised to check with the company for latest requirements before applying for the job. Our website will not be responsible for any loss to the company or the candidate. We have no relation with the company and are not responsible for the validity of this Job. We donot charge the company or candidate or any student anything. If the respective company has any issue with the data provided or they want this particular job or placement paper to be removed they can write into us at email@example.com)