2011 RBI Placement Paper, Mumbai
- Sub CategoryPlacement Papers
- Posted date on our Website01 February 2011
Here are the details of 2011 RBI Placement Paper job in RBI. This job or placement paper has been sourced from either company website or newspaper or other media and from students who appeared for this job. User is requested to verify the data before applying for the job.
Welcome to RBI Placement Papers 2011. Here you will find RBI Placement Papers Pattern and Download questions of RBI Placement Papers 2011 with Answers & Solutions.
2011 RBI Placement Paper:-
1. ‘Not negotiable’ written on a cheque crossing means—
(A) The cheque cannot be paid to any one but the payee
(B) The cheque is valid only for payment of the transaction for which it is made out
(C) An honest person receiving a stolen cheque is liable to repay the rightful owner
(D) The cheque must be paid into a bank
2. The Central Bank is not expected to perform the function of—
(A) Acting as a clearing house
(B) The banker to the government
(C) Accepting deposit from Commercial Banks
(D) Accepting deposits from general public
3. Increase in bank rates generally is followed by—
(A) An increase in market rate of interest
(B) A fall in market rates of interest
(C) A rise only in the deposits rates but not the lending rates
(D) A rise only in the lending rates
4. The major quantitative monetary tool available with the Central Bank is—
(A) Retioning of credit
(B) Regulation of consumer credit
(C) Margin requirements
(D) Reserve ratio requirements
5. Bank must refuse payment of a cheque where—
(A) Cheque is not dated
(B) Where cheque is stale, i.e. date has expired
(C) Payment has been stopped by customer
(D) The cheque is not presented during working hours of Bank
6. A ‘Stale’ cheque is one that is—
(A) Over six months old
(B) Converning an overdue payment
(C) Cancelled by the drawer
(D) Written on an account which is overdrawn
7. When the Central Bank sells securities, as a result—
(A) The cash resources at the disposal of the commercial banks increase
(B) The cash resources of the commercial banks remain unchanged
(C) The cash resources at the disposal of commercial banks get diminished
(D) None of the above
8. When a cheque is returned by the bank marked ‘Refer to Drawer’ this means the drawer—
(A) Has instructed the bank not to pay the cheque
(B) Whishes to be contacted before the cheque is cashed
(C) Has improperly completed the cheque and must correct it before payment
(D) Had insufficient funds in his account to pay the cheque
9. The current Bank Rate is—
10. It has been made compulsory for Non-Banking Financing Companies to get themselves registered with … before July 8, 1997.
(C) Government of India
(D) None of the above
11. India ranks number … among the countries with the biggest growth potential in the world according to the latest report of world Economic Forum.
12. Which is the ‘most competitive country’ of the world according to the latest report of world Economic Forum ?
(A) Hong Kong
(C) United State of America
13. The maximum permissible limit of interest on postshipment rupee credit on demand bills for transit period upto 90 days is—
14. Which of the following statement is correct about India according to the World Bank’s latest calculations ?
(A) India’s per capita national wealth is $ 25000
(B) India’s per capita incomeis $ 360
(C) India’s per capita income (according to purchasing power parity) is $ 2390
(D) All of the above
15. Scheduled commercial banks recorded nonperforming assets (NPAs) of … at the end of March 2006-07 against 1·8% during 2005-06.
16. Which of the following is not a tool in the hands of RBI to control the inflationary pressure in the country ?
(A) Bank Rate (BR)
(B) Special Drawing Rights (SDR)
(C) Statutory Liquidity Ratio (SLR)
(D) Cash Reserve Ratio (CRR)
17. Which of the following is/are included in Legal Tender Money in India ?
(A) Coins and currency notes
(B) Coins and bank drafts
(C) Currency notes and SDRs
(D) Currency notes issued by RBI
18. Which of the following is correctly matched?
(A) CRR on FCNR (B) Scheme—12%
(B) Bank Rate—6%
(C) SLR on NRE deposits—31·5%
(D) CRR on NRE—13%
19. India’s First Financial Archive has been set up at—
(B) New Delhi
20. Which of the following Bank merged with Oriented Bank of Commerce ?
(A) New Bank of India
(B) Punjab Co-operative Bank
(C) Bari Doab Bank
(D) (B) and (C) both
The Reserve Bank of India was established on April 1, 1935 in accordance with the provisions of the Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934.
The Central Office of the Reserve Bank was initially established in Calcutta but was permanently moved to Mumbai in 1937. The Central Office is where the Governor sits and where policies are formulated. Though originally privately owned, since nationalisation in 1949, the Reserve Bank is fully owned by the Government of India.
Why RBI - Why should i join RBI?:-
Life with the RBI is not just another career. It's a commitment. Commitment to serve the nation, where your decisions make an impact on the way the economy and the financial sector in the country evolves.
In RBI you get an opportunity to diversify your skills. You can move between departments and work on areas from formulation of monetary policy to dealings and trading in forex and government bonds, managing public debt and bank accounts to facilitating exchange remittances by residents and non residents, regulating and supervising 34,000 financial entities, spearheading technology within the RBI or in the financial system and even training and researching for self-development.
Address of RBI - Reserve Bank of India:-
Mumbai - 400 001, India.
6-1-56, Secretariat Road, Saifabad,
Tel : +91 (040) 232337982-87,
Fax: +91 (040) 23230533
6, Sansad Marg,
New Delhi - 110 001, India.
Tel: +91 11 23710538 to 42
Fax: +91 11 23711250.
10/3/8, Nrupthunga Road,
Bangalore-560 001, India.
Tel: +91 80 22275020,
Fax: +91 80 22210185.
Fort Glacis, Rajaji Salai,
Chennai-600 001, India.
Tel: +91 44 25361631.
15, Netaji Subhas Road,
Kolkata-700 001, India.
Tel: +91 33 22312121,
Fax: +91 33 22309589.
(Disclaimer : This Job or placement paper has been sourced from various sources like print media, Job consultants, past candidates, our users and/ or Company website. The posted date above means the date on which the Job was posted on our site and not on the company site. Users are advised to check with the company for latest requirements before applying for the job. Our website will not be responsible for any loss to the company or the candidate. We have no relation with the company and are not responsible for the validity of this Job. We donot charge the company or candidate or any student anything. If the respective company has any issue with the data provided or they want this particular job or placement paper to be removed they can write into us at firstname.lastname@example.org)