Here are the details of 2011 TISL Placement Paper - I job in TISL. This job or placement paper has been sourced from either company website or newspaper or other media and from students who appeared for this job. User is requested to verify the data before applying for the job.
2011 TISL Placement Paper - I with Answers, Solutions:-
1. On Monday a banker processed a batch of cheques, on Tuesday she processed three times as many, and on Wednesday she processed 4000 cheques. In the three days, she processed 16000 cheques. How many did she process on Tuesday?
2. The cost of four dozen proof machine ribbons and five dozen accounting machine ribbons was Rs.160/-. If one dozen accounting machine ribbons cost Rs.20/-, what is the cost of a dozen proof machine ribbons?
3.The average salary of 3 workers is 95 Rs. per week. If one earns Rs.115 and second earns Rs.65 how much is the salary of the 3rd worker.
4.A 16 stored building has 12000 sq.feet on each floor. Company A rents 7 floors and company B rents 4 floors. What is the number of sq.feet of unrented floor space.
5. During a given week A programmer spends 1/4 of his time preparing flow chart, 3/8 of his time coding and the rest of the time in debugging the programs. If he works 48 hours during the week , how many hours did he spend debugging the program.
6. A company installed 36 machines at the beginning of the year. In March they installed 9 additional machines and then disconnected 18 in August. How many were still installed at the end of the year.
7. A man owns 2/3 of the market research beauro business and sells 3/4 of his shares for Rs. 75000. What is the value of Business.
8. If 12 file cabinets require 18 feet of wall space, how many feet of wall space will 30 cabinets require?
9.A computer printer produced 176,400 lines in a given day. If the printer was in operation for seven hours during the day, how many lines did it print per minute?
10. From its total income, A sales company spent Rs.20,000 for advertising, half of the remainder on commissions and had Rs.6000 left. What was its total income?
11. what will be the result of executing following program
void swap (char * , char *);
void swap (char *x,char *y)
e).None of the above
12.If a directory contains public files (can be valied and used by any one ) which should not be altered ,the most liberal permissions that can be given to the directory is:-
e)None of the above
13. what would the following program results in
b)will not print anything since p will be pointing to a null string
d)will result in a complication error
e)will print invallid characters(junk)
(Ans will be b ) check
14. After the following command is executed
$ ln old new
a listing is performed with the following output
$ ls -li
15768 -rw-rw-rw- 2 you 29 Sep 27 12:07 old
15768 " " " " " " " " new
15274 " " 1 " 40 " " 09:34 veryold
which of the following is true
a)old and new have same i-node number,2
b) " " " " " " " , 15768
c)old and new have nothing yo do with each other
d)very old and new are linked
e)very old and old are linked
(Ans is b)
15. What will be the result of executing the following statement
printf("%d %d %d",i,++i,i++);
a).10 11 12
b).12 11 10
c).10 11 11
d).result is OS dependent
e).result is compiler dependent
(Ans is e)
16. What does extern means in a function declaration
a)the funct has global scope
b)the funct need not be defined\
d)the funct has local scope only to the file it is defined in
e)none of the above
(Ans will be c)
17. What will be result of the following program
void f(int i,int j)
e)none of the above
(Ans is e)
18. MS windows 3.1 is a
(Ans will be b)
19. MS Windows 3.1 supports which type of multi-tasking?
20. The command ......ln /bin/mail /usr/you/bin/m
a)will not be executed because you are linking files
across different file systems
b)results ln /bin/main being the same file as /usr/you/bin/m
c)results in 2 links to the file mail
d) " " " " m
(Ans will be b)
21. In a standerd directory lay out ,/etc is the directory where
a) basic programs such as who and ed reside
b) - - - - - - -
c)various administrative files such as password file reside
d) - - - - - - -
e) - - - - - -
(Ans is c)
22. The command echo *
a) echoes all files in the current directory
b) - - - - -
(Ans is a)
23. What will be the result of the following segment of the program
char *s="hello world";
(Ans is b)
24. What will be the result of the following program
printf("enter two numbers :");
a)- - - - -
b) - --
c) will generate run time error /core dump
(Ans is c)
25. What is the size of 'q'in the following program?
(Ans is b why because no of bytes for int =4 given in instructions)
30. 5. 25,25,22,22,19,19,?
Tata Industrial Services (TISL) was established in 2007. The company was set up to support the Indian Defence manufacturing sector and aims to address the global supply needs of Indian and global players including offset requirements.
TISL is mandated to identify competent manufacturing sources, oversee and monitor contracts, undertake project management and undertake contractual responsibilities relating to domestic and global supply needs including offset requirements of major Aerospace, Civil and Defence suppliers.
TISL company also provides customised solutions to global and domestic OEMs including defence public sector undertakings, by using and consolidating capacities of Indian vendors, using their manufacturing units to provide comprehensive solutions.
Working at TISL - Whyshould i join TISL?:-
Tata Industrial Services is a young company and is looking to rapidly grow its sphere of operations. In keeping with its growth plans, TISL is on the look out for action-oriented, motivated young professionals.
TISL provides a healthy, productive work environment in keeping with the best in the industry and offers competitive compensation packages.
Tata Industrial Services is an equal opportunities employer.
Address of TISL:-
Tata Industrial Services Limited
A Wing, 9th Floor, Statesman House,
148 Barakhamba Road,
New Delhi 110 001, India
+91 (11) 6677 8899
(Disclaimer : This Job or placement paper has been sourced from various sources like print media, Job consultants, past candidates, our users and/ or Company website. The posted date above means the date on which the Job was posted on our site and not on the company site. Users are advised to check with the company for latest requirements before applying for the job. Our website will not be responsible for any loss to the company or the candidate. We have no relation with the company and are not responsible for the validity of this Job. We donot charge the company or candidate or any student anything. If the respective company has any issue with the data provided or they want this particular job or placement paper to be removed they can write into us at firstname.lastname@example.org)