Here are the details of 2011 Vedanta Placement Paper - II job in Vedanta. This job or placement paper has been sourced from either company website or newspaper or other media and from students who appeared for this job. User is requested to verify the data before applying for the job.
Welcome to Vedanta Placement Paper 2011. Here you will find Vedanta Placement Paper Pattern and Download questions of Vedanta Placement Paper 2011 with Answers & Solutions.
2011 Vedanta Placement Paper:-
1. A shop keeper sells a t-shirt of Rs.275 with 5% discount. His profit is 10%. Wht is the actual cost of the shirt?
2. A qn. related to trains (Time & distance).
3. Find the next term of series
0, 6, 24, 60, 120, 210, 210, ?
ans - 336
4. There are some no. of men and horses , After some time half of the men left, then total no. of legs (of men and horses) will be 70, find the no of horses.
Ans – 14
5. If a train runs at 40kmph it reaches its destination late by 11 mins,but if it runs at 50kmph then it late only by 5 mins The correct time to complete its journey is-
ans- 19 mins
6. A train of 110 mtr long is running at 60 kmph . In what time it will pass a man who is running at 6 kmph in the direction opposite to train ?
ans – 6 sec.
7. A radio when sold at a certain price gives a gain of 20%. What will be the gain percent, if sold for thrice the price?
8. x^2 + 4 y^2 =4xy.Find x:y
9. epaulet : shoulder : : ring :?
10. vernacular : place : : fingerprint : ?
Of the six men of literature A,B,C,D,E and F being considered here, two belonged to the 17th century, three to the 19th and one to the 20th century. Four were recognized as great poets, three as great novelists and three as great dramatists. One contributed to Bengali literature, two to Hindi, two to Marathi and one to Tamil. The 20th century writer wrote poetry only and contributed to Marathi literature and the other Marathi writer contributed to poetry, novel and drama. One Hindi writer and the only Tamil writer belonged t other 19th century. The former contributed to poetry and novel while the latter to novel and drama. The Bengali writer belonged to the 17th century and contributed to poetry only. A belonged to the 20th century, B wrote drama only, C contributed Marathi literature, D was a Hindi Poet and novelist and belonged to the 19th century. E also belonged to the 19th century, and F contributed to Poetry only.
11. To which language did B contribute ?
12. Among these, who was the Tamil writer ?
13. To which branch of literature did A contribute ?
14. if the sum of 3 consecutive odd no.’s is 57, then find the middle no?
15. The ratio of father to son’s age is 7:3. and product of their ages is 756 then whatwill be the ratio if their ages after 6yrs?
16. If the list Price of a product is Rs 275 and the shopkeeper allows 5% discount on the product and still getting 4.5% profit, what will be the cost price if the produce for the shopkeeper?
17. if the sides of a square is increases by 25% what will be the percentage increase in the area?
18. if 3men can do a piece of work in 6 days, if after 2 days 3 more mens will be added then after how many days the remaining work will be done?
Ans. 2 days
Vedanta is a diversified metals and mining group with wide-ranging interests in aluminium, copper, zinc, lead, iron ore and commercial energy. Vedanta is the first Indian manufacturing company to be listed on the London Stock Exchange, and we continue to be listed on the FTSE 100. It is on track to become a million-tonne per annum producer at the lowest decile costs in aluminum, copper and zinc by 2010.
Vedanta had headquartered in London and have over 30,000 employees including over 8,000 professionals worldwide.
Why Vedanta - Why should i join Vedanta?:-
Vedanta Group has a strategic business unit-based flat organisation structure designed to promote empowerment, wider ownership and a higher degree of commitment and accountability.
Vedanta pride ourselves on being a dynamic organisation. Our employees are among the most creative, forward-thinking people in today’s business world, coming from a wide range of cultural, educational and geographic backgrounds. We encourage our employees to move across Group companies to gain a rich and varied experience. At Vedanta, we offer employees much more than just a job; we strive to give them a career.
Address of Vedanta:-
75, Nehru Road
Vile Parle (East)
Tel: +91 22 6646 1000
Fax: +91 22 6646 1451
(Disclaimer : This Job or placement paper has been sourced from various sources like print media, Job consultants, past candidates, our users and/ or Company website. The posted date above means the date on which the Job was posted on our site and not on the company site. Users are advised to check with the company for latest requirements before applying for the job. Our website will not be responsible for any loss to the company or the candidate. We have no relation with the company and are not responsible for the validity of this Job. We donot charge the company or candidate or any student anything. If the respective company has any issue with the data provided or they want this particular job or placement paper to be removed they can write into us at email@example.com)