Account Manager, Chennai
This Job has Expired! Click Here to View Other
Here are the details of Account Manager job in HP. This job or placement paper has been sourced from either company website or newspaper or other media and from students who appeared for this job. User is requested to verify the data before applying for the job.
* Coordinates/Owns account plans on one/multiple commercial accounts.
* Focuses on deals/opportunities and value and/or volume portfolio management, and selling a range of HP products and solutions.
* Uses specialty to leverage existing opportunities in account.
* Establishes a professional working relationship with the IT organization at the client, and develops a core understanding of the unique business needs.
* Analyses and understands of win/loss results for owned accounts.
* Works with and leverages external partners to deliver solution sales
* Utilizes the support of pre-sales and specialists, and depending on account coverage with inside sales to participate in or lead deal pursuit.
* Refers HP volume products and certain value products to other specialists or partners as needed.
* Responsible for achieving/managing quota based on regional guidelines.
* Enters and is accountable for all opportunities in pipeline tools and processes
* Ability to implement margin recovery activities/strategies in full ownership of the account or in partial ownership depending on account coverage.
* Acts as a first interface for owned accounts in collaboration with members of global business teams.
* May Train/Coach and lead Inside account reps/Inside Sales
* Contributes to sales policy and strategy for assigned business segment.
Often works with experienced salesperson in customer visits.
May provide technical assistance within selling process.
Depending on account size, complexity, and coverage, is assigned lower to average quota size
Education and Experience Required:
* University or Bachelor's degree preferred.
* Detailed knowledge of key customer types or customers on given products
* Typically 5 years quota carrying sales experience.
* Inside Account experience of large commercial of moderate to large complexity.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
* IT awareness and entry level solution development capability.
* Can differentiate between own offerings and what competitors offer using marketing information
* Applies specialized knowledge to assess client's business and identify opportunities to extend current business in the account.
* Work as a member of a team in providing support and giving input regarding account opportunities.
* Ability to provide account planning support to sales team.
* Negotiation skills and ability to frame the value proposition for the customer.
* Product demonstration, customer training, and product installation skills.
* Be able to utilize resources effectively in or order to pursuit revenue generating opportunities in the account.
* Enough knowledge about product and services to be able to sell transactionally.
* Ability to prioritize and drive strategic sales activity on a product and services basis.
* Competitive selling skills.
Critical Competencies to Drive Business Results:-
Named Account Prospecting
Aggressively prospects for opportunities in named accounts and shapes offers in pursuit of new business
Aggressively prospects for opportunities in assigned territory and shapes offers in pursuit of new business opportunities
Account Acquisition & Leadership
Establishes confidence in HP's account management and ongoing ownership of customer satisfaction in partner-driven deals
Deal Advancement & Closing
Negotiates and drives deals to ensure successful closes and high win rates
Assists and supports value-oriented partners in effectively preparing for and pursuing deals
Builds, monitors and orchestrates sales pipelines to ensure continuous population and movement of near- and long-term opportunities
Supports sales strategies and activities that effectively and efficiently target HP's efforts and resources to closeable wins
Demonstrates a high level of motivation and entrepreneurial ability in supporting the pursuit and closing of deals
Applies partner and internal resources effectively and efficiently to advance sales opportunities
Demonstrates comfort with IT and/or industry, solution, product, service knowledge -- easily integrates/applies these perspectives to solving business needs
Demonstrates the ability to lead, manage or enlist the support of others in the absence of formal authority
Priority Setting/Time Management
Demonstrates time management sensibilities when scheduling, allocating and prioritizing commitments
Primary Location - India-Chennai (Madras)
Schedule - Full-time
Job Type - Experienced
Shift - Day Job
Travel - No
HP was founded in 1939. It is a technology company that operates in more than 170 countries around the world. No other company offers as complete a technology product portfolio as HP
HP provide infrastructure and business offerings that span from handheld devices to some of the world's most powerful supercomputer installations. It offers wide range of products and services from digital photography to digital entertainment and from computing to home printing. This comprehensive portfolio helps us match the right products, services and solutions to our customers' specific needs.
Working at HP - Why should i Join HP?
HP India want you to explore your career options—and with a company of our global scope, you’ll always have plenty. HP recognises the fire in employees and believes that extraordinary efforts deserve their rewards. That’s why we have special Rewards & Recognition Programmes, including Cash Awards to recognise exceptional contributors.
HP Labs, one of the world's leading industrial research centers, is seeking talented researchers for positions in its laboratories. The lab attracts top graduates from around the world looking for a chance to work on problems that have real impact.
Address of HP:-
Hewlett-Packard India Sales Pvt.Ltd
24, Salarpuria Arena
Bangalore - 560 030
Phone: (080) 2563 3555
Fax: (080) 2563 3222
(Disclaimer : This Job or placement paper has been sourced from various sources like print media, Job consultants, past candidates, our users and/ or Company website. The posted date above means the date on which the Job was posted on our site and not on the company site. Users are advised to check with the company for latest requirements before applying for the job. Our website will not be responsible for any loss to the company or the candidate. We have no relation with the company and are not responsible for the validity of this Job. We donot charge the company or candidate or any student anything. If the respective company has any issue with the data provided or they want this particular job or placement paper to be removed they can write into us at email@example.com)