Here are the details of Application Support Manager - VP Level job in J.P. Morgan. This job or placement paper has been sourced from either company website or newspaper or other media and from students who appeared for this job. User is requested to verify the data before applying for the job.
Experience: 12 - 20 Years
Education: UG - B.Tech/B.E. - Any Specialization PG - Any PG Course - Any Specialization
Industry Type: Banking/Financial Services/Broking
Functional Area: Application Programming, Maintenance
Posted Date: 21 Apr 2011
As an Application Support Manager you will be responsible for overseeing and providing 24 x 7 coverage performing troubleshooting, trouble ticket updates, escalation, resolution and reporting of incidents for our production environments. In addition, you will execute systems administrative tasks, help to create and maintain production support documentation and assist on projects when directed. In this position, you will be responsible to quickly evaluate information, engage and assist technology staff, and communicate issues to help remediate and resolve production issues efficiently and effectively. In support of incident management, you will work closely with other technology groups including Development, Data Base Administration, Quality Assurance (QA), Infrastructure (Networking, Systems and Storage, Build and Deploy, and Operations) as well as CAS (Client Application Support) which communicates directly with our customers.
The technology environment is a multi-tiered web-based environment using .net, C#, IIS, Java and SQL. Other technologies include C, C++, Tuxedo, COBOL, and PATHWAY. Our technology environments consist of: development/integration, quality assurance (QA), User Acceptance Training (UAT), performance, and production. The server environment includes HP hardware (32 and 64 bit) and Windows operating systems. The networking infrastructure includes Cisco and F5 equipment. External storage solutions equipment is from HP, and EMC. The monitoring systems include Microsoft's SCOM, Wily, SIM, Prognosis, Openview and other custom developed monitoring software.
This position provides management and direction for the production support team. The Application Support Manager will bring leadership in operational excellence with a focus on cost reduction through effective staffing, monitoring and operational metrics reporting. The Application Support Manager is responsible for ensuring successful day-to-day operation of mission critical application, ensuring production issues are dealt in a timely manner and systems remain operational. This role requires working closely with customers to handle incoming requests, including managing stakeholder expectations and help prioritize multiple parallel projects across organization. This position involves regular communication with senior management on status, risks and emergent issues.
1. Organize teams to ensure correct resources are working on the problem
2. Provide technical leadership for problem solving
3. Ensure clear ownership of problem determination and resolution
4. Ensure completeness of problem analysis and impact analysis
5. Review completeness of root cause and recommend resolution / workarounds
6. Prepare management report, ensure accuracy and completeness of contents
7. Ensure SLAs with key vendors are being met
1. Perform risk / schedule/ cost impact analysis to existing work streams, resolve planning and technical contentions
2. Participate in the weekly maintenance builds and deployments of applications
3. Ensure proper technical plans in place for all production changes (e.g. fallback plan, implementation plan, data migration etc.)
4. Perform risk assessment for all production Change Requests
1. Communicate outages and critical issues to management and appropriate users during crisis incidents
2. Prepare management reports on support and product work items, highlight risks and appropriate mitigation actions
• Bachelor's degree (or equivalent work experience or specialized training) in Information Technology (IT), Computer Science (CS), Software Engineering, or related discipline.
• Minimum of 7 years relevant Production Support and incident management experience.
• Minimum of 7 years experience working within Unix Environments.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Experience with creating process, procedures, and documentation relating to incident management or systems operations
• Experience with Oracle technologies.
• UNIX (Solaris/AIX, HP/UX)
• ORACLE 10G or higher
• J2EE, Java, webLogic
• Datastage, Informatica or Ab-Initio
• Control-M or other job scheduling tools
• Banking, Insurance or Finance industry experience preferred
• Proven Leadership Experience
• Multi tasking skills
• Experience managing multiple initiatives
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to work independently as a self-starter, and within a team environment.
• Proven track record for managing a world class IT support function in a large scale systems environment
• Strong business and analytical skills
• Takes ownership of tasks and drives issues or projects through to completion
• Good judgment to proactively and independently solve problems and make decisions
• Able to see the big picture while paying attention to the smallest end details
• Highly developed communication, presentation, facilitation and negotiation skills
• Develops constructive and cooperative working relationships with peer groups
• Strong work ethic, positive energy and ability to energize others
• Minimum of 7 years experience with help desk ticketing (such as Peregrine) and change control systems.
• Experience using a structured software development methodology in a large corporate or consulting environment.
• Technical project management background, experienced in a wide variety of technologies
About J.P. Morgan:-
J.P. Morgan is a leader in financial services, offering solutions to clients in more than 100 countries with one of the most comprehensive global product platforms available. We have been helping our clients to do business and manage their wealth for more than 200 years. Our business has been built upon our core principle of putting our clients' interests first.
Working at J.P. Morgan - Why should i Join J.P. Morgan?
J.P. Morgan is a leader in asset management, investment banking, private banking, treasury and securities services, and commercial banking. J.P. Morgan broad global platform and strength enable us to create long-lasting value for clients.
Address of JPMorgan:-
JPMorgan India Private Limited
Mafatlal Centre 400021,
Mumbai - 022 2285566
(Disclaimer : This Job or placement paper has been sourced from various sources like print media, Job consultants, past candidates, our users and/ or Company website. The posted date above means the date on which the Job was posted on our site and not on the company site. Users are advised to check with the company for latest requirements before applying for the job. Our website will not be responsible for any loss to the company or the candidate. We have no relation with the company and are not responsible for the validity of this Job. We donot charge the company or candidate or any student anything. If the respective company has any issue with the data provided or they want this particular job or placement paper to be removed they can write into us at email@example.com)