Here are the details of Associate Managing Consultant - ISL job in IBM. This job or placement paper has been sourced from either company website or newspaper or other media and from students who appeared for this job. User is requested to verify the data before applying for the job.
Posted on:- 24-Jan-2013
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:-
• Defines and executes professional service projects, smoothing the customer’s transition from proposal phase to delivery phase by serving as a key customer contact throughout project definition into project delivery launch.
• Helps to determine the composition of the delivery team, launches the engagement and performs complete transfer of project knowledge to the Consulting Project Manager.
• Demonstrates accurate, detailed knowledge of IBM Sterling Commerce software and services, familiarity with the customer’s business, and experience with applicable consulting practices, methodologies and tools. Uses all this knowledge and experience to apply the appropriate IBM Sterling Commerce solution to the customer’s business problem.
• Earns customer trust. Represents IBM Sterling to customer with professionalism at all times. Communicates and documents appropriate customer expectations. Consistently delivers to exceed those expectations. Averts and resolves customer issues, thereby creating customer satisfaction.
• Supervises the work of third party consultants as necessary.
• Maintains and expands technical and business knowledge through study and on-site delivery experience.
• Provides leadership to consultants through knowledge sharing, consulting tool and training material creation and on-site shadowing. Contributes to library of consulting best practices.
• Works with Sales, Product Development and Customer Support to improve quality of software and service solutions, consulting proposals and customer satisfaction.
• Leads the on-site delivery team to ensure on time and at budget project delivery.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES :
Team Leadership Role focusing on Delivering Lab Services Engagements;Strong J2EE Architecture, Design, Development experience;Good development experience in Java, XML, XSL & related technologies; Knowledge of Sterling Products and/or exposure to SCM & Order Management solutions would be a big plus . Ability to anticipate and build contingency project plans. Ability to produce clarity from ambiguity. Strong negotiation skills required for effective engagement management, in which both the interests of the customer and Sterling Commerce must be accurately represented and win-win resolutions reached. Expert problem-solving capabilities. Expert business and technical skills that must be kept up-to-date, often from “learning on the fly.” Accurate and detailed understanding of Sterling Commerce solutions and their applicability in a myriad of customer situations. Ability to work alone, to lead a team or to contribute as a team member. Ability to handle stressful situations with perseverance and professionalism. Avilability to travel 50% of the time.
DESIRABLE: Knowledge of data communication, application software and e-business practices. Familiarity with Sterling Commerce solutions strongly desired. Familiarity with industry consulting practices, methodologies and tools strongly desired.
8-10 years of Supply Chain System implementations, 4 years of consulting experience, 3 years of experience with integration products or services. Sterling Products experience - Order Management, Warehouse Management , WebSphere commerce would be a big plus
Experience in implementing J2EE based application as per design; Based on following, but not limited to: Servlets, JSPs, EJBs, SOA, Dojo, HTML, CSS.Experience in design and development of WebSphere Commerce application.
- Install and configure the development tool
- Customize the store front
- Customize the underlying business logic (using BOD programming model and classic model)
- Create and load data
- Integrate with external systems like Address Verification systems etc
- Test, troubleshoot and debug
- Package and deploy customized code
- Customize the optional components (e.g. IBM Gift Center, Coremetrics)
Required Skills - Technical and Non Technical
IBM has been present in India since 1992. IBM India's solutions and services span all major industries including financial services, healthcare, government, automotive, telecommunications and education, among others. As a trusted partner with wide-ranging service capabilities, IBM helps clients transform and succeed in challenging circumstances. The diversity and breadth of the entire IBM portfolio of research, consulting, solutions, services, systems and software, uniquely distinguishes IBM India from other companies in the industry.
IBM India has clearly established itself as one of the leaders in the Indian Information Technology (IT) Industry - and continues to transform itself to align with global markets and geographies to grow this leadership position. Widely recognised as an employer of choice, IBM holds numerous awards for its industry-leading employment practices and policies.
Working at IBM - Why should i Join IBM?:-
IBM offers competitive benefits, as well as an industry-leading practice of performance-based bonuses for all employees. It believe that global innovation demands diverse employees and attractive work/life initiatives that sustain, and retain, them. IBM gives you the power to design your workday, and your life, according to your unique styles and needs.
Address of IBM:-
IBM India Private Limited
Bangalore - 29.
(Disclaimer : This Job or placement paper has been sourced from various sources like print media, Job consultants, past candidates, our users and/ or Company website. The posted date above means the date on which the Job was posted on our site and not on the company site. Users are advised to check with the company for latest requirements before applying for the job. Our website will not be responsible for any loss to the company or the candidate. We have no relation with the company and are not responsible for the validity of this Job. We donot charge the company or candidate or any student anything. If the respective company has any issue with the data provided or they want this particular job or placement paper to be removed they can write into us at firstname.lastname@example.org)