Database Administrator, Bangalore
This Job has Expired! Click Here to View Other
Here are the details of Database Administrator job in McAfee. This job or placement paper has been sourced from either company website or newspaper or other media and from students who appeared for this job. User is requested to verify the data before applying for the job.
About the Role and Responsibilities:-
McAfee is the world's largest dedicated security technology company. McAfee delivers proactive and proven solutions and services that secure systems and networks around the world, allowing users to browse and shop the web securely. With our unmatched security expertise and commitment to innovation, McAfee helps home users, businesses, the public sector and service providers to comply with regulations, protect data, prevent disruptions, identify vulnerabilities, and continuously monitor and improve their security. Our products are unique in how they work together to make security affordable and manageable. These days, the threats are tougher, and the perpetrators are trickier. As we have for more than 20 years, McAfee delivers superior protection that is trusted by millions of people.
· Install/configure oracle databases in RAC/non-RAC environments
· Install/setup/maintain RAC databases
· Upgrade Oracle databases
· Backup and recovery options. (Offline/online backups)
· Well versed in RMAN options
· Export/import features in Oracle
· Setting up standby database (using Data Guard)
· Tablespace management techniques (Resizing/moving datafiles/adding datafiles)
· Knowledge of ASM
· SQL tuning/optimization/performance
· Memory configuration/tuning
· Database maintenance activities such as gather stats, reindexing, space management, etc
· Listener configuration
· Identify issues in Oracle and set up proactive monitoring steps for the same. (monitor database growth, monitoring indexes, etc)
· Sound knowledge of most of the Data dictionary views
· Knowledge on Archive redo log file management
· Use of Oracle advisors (SQL Tuning Advisor/Segment Advisor, Index tuning wizard, etc)
· Well-versed with setting up and scheduling jobs in Oracle databases
· Oracle Grid Control /Enterprise application management knowledge is desired
· Knowledge on Flashback features is desired
· Analyze AWR reports and work with teams to improve application performance
· Knowledge of database security and auditing
· Knowledge of database partitioning
· Migrate SQL Server databases to Oracle platform
· 3-6 years of DBA Support
· Worked in support service.
· Experience in Unix/Linux OS
· Shell/pearl scripting experience
· Excellent communication and writing skills
Job:- IT Operations
Primary Location:- MIC-India MIC-Karnataka MIC-Bangalore BEC MIC
McAfee for Consumers delivers world-class retail and online solutions designed to secure, protect, and optimize the computers of consumers and home office users.
McAfee's advanced retail desktop solutions include premier anti-virus, security, encryption, and desktop optimization software. McAfee's managed Web security services employ a patented system and process of delivering software through an Internet browser to provide these services to users online through its Web site.
All McAfee products are backed with the respected anti-virus research organization such as McAfee AVERT, which protects McAfee customers against the latest and most complex virus attacks.
Address of McAfee India:
McAfee India Sales Pvt. Ltd.
782 and 882, Solitaire Park Building No. 8
Chakala, Opp. Hotel Mirador, Guru Hargovindji Marg
Andheri-Ghatkopar Link Road
Andheri (East), Mumbai
Tel: +91 (22) 4029-1300
Fax: +91 (22) 4029-1301
McAfee Software (India) Pvt. Ltd.
Embassy Golf Links Business Park
“Pine Valley” – 2nd Floor
Off Indiranagar-Koramangala Ring Road
Bangalore – 560071
Tel: +91 (80) 6656-9000
Fax: +91 (80) 6656-9099
(Disclaimer : This Job or placement paper has been sourced from various sources like print media, Job consultants, past candidates, our users and/ or Company website. The posted date above means the date on which the Job was posted on our site and not on the company site. Users are advised to check with the company for latest requirements before applying for the job. Our website will not be responsible for any loss to the company or the candidate. We have no relation with the company and are not responsible for the validity of this Job. We donot charge the company or candidate or any student anything. If the respective company has any issue with the data provided or they want this particular job or placement paper to be removed they can write into us at email@example.com)