Here are the details of Developer Analyst (Informatica) job in Aon Hewitt. This job or placement paper has been sourced from either company website or newspaper or other media and from students who appeared for this job. User is requested to verify the data before applying for the job.
Job Posting :Apr 6, 2011
The Developer Analyst role is responsible for creation and implementation of the technical detailed design (Low-Level Design) of a system for smaller projects or specific pieces (modules) of a larger project. Typically, the Developer Analyst role creates the technical detailed design for a single platform with a focus on a single service.
The responsibilities of this role include are split between code development and debugging and analysis and design of solutions. of high-priority and complex systems/pieces within a project. In addition, the Developer Analyst role is responsible for providing status updates for work and reviewing the work of Software Engineers.
Key Responsibility Areas:-
Requirements Elicitation, Understanding, Analysis, & Management
• Understand the project's Vision and requirements, and contribute to the creation of the supplemental requirements, building the low-level technical specifications for a particular platform and/or service solution.
Project Planning, Tracking, & Reporting:-
• Estimate the tasks and resources required to design, create (build), and test the code for assigned module(s).
• Provide inputs in creating the detailed schedule for the project.
• Support the team in project planning activities, in evaluating risks, and shuffle priorities based on unresolved issues.
• During development and testing, ensure that assigned parts of the project/modules are on track with respect to schedules and quality.
• Note scope changes within the assigned modules and work with the team to shuffle priorities accordingly.
• Communicate regularly with the team about development changes, scheduling, and status.
• Participate in project review meetings.
• Tracking and reporting progress for assigned modules.
• Create a detailed (LLD) design for the assigned piece(s) with possible alternate solutions.
• Ensure that LLD design meets business requirements.
• Submit the LLD design for review.
• Fix the detailed (LLD) design for the assigned piece(s) for the comments received from team.
Development & Support:-
• Build the Informatica and DB2 code of high-priority and complex systems according to the functional specifications, detailed design, maintainability, and coding and efficiency standards.
Candidate should have good knowledge on Data warehousing and data modelling.
• Use code management processes and tools to avoid versioning problems.
• Ensure that the code does not affect the functioning of any external or internal systems.
• Perform peer reviews of code to ensure it meets coding and efficiency standards.
• Act as the primary reviewer to review the application code created by software engineers to ensure compliance to defined standards. Recommend changes to the code as required.
Testing & Debugging:-
• Attend the Test Design walkthroughs to help verify that the plans and conditions will test all functions and features effectively.
• Perform impact analysis for issues assigned to self and software engineers..
• Actively assist with project- and code-level problem solving, such as suggesting paths to explore when testing engineers or software engineers encounter a debugging problem, and escalate urgent issues.
• Review technical documentation for the code for accuracy, completeness, and usability.
• Document and maintain the reviews conducted and the unit test results.Process Management
• Adhere to the project process.
• Participate in root cause analysis.
• Act as a technical subject matter expert for the internal team on areas such as system functionality and approach including solving systems operations issues, performance initiatives. Leverage existing knowledge and expertise in multiple ways.
• Build team skills using formal and/or informal training sessions.
• Create and maintain knowledge repositories for lessons learnt and developments in the respective domains.
Formal Education & Certification:-• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or IT or equivalent. Masters Degree in related areas a plus.
Knowledge & Experience:-
• 4 + years of industry experience within the specific domain/service area
• Occasional evening and weekend work to meet deadlines.
• Sitting for extended periods of time.
• Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and to handle other computer components.
• Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
• Physically able to participate in training sessions, presentations, and meetings.
• Some travel may be required for the purpose of onsite/offsite software and system development management.
About Aon Hewitt:-
Aon Corporation is the leading provider of risk management services, insurance and reinsurance brokerage and human resources consulting and outsourcing.
Today Aon has an employee base of 59,000 people working in over 500 offices in more than 120 countries, we can anticipate how changes in one sector impact another.
Why Aon Hewitt - Why should i join Aon Hewitt?:-
When you join Aon Hewitt, you’re joining a team that wants to help you succeed. A team that welcomes your creativity and enthusiasm, and encourages your new and different ways of thinking. This is where you can grow your expertise with a variety of career path options. Where you can do your best work every day alongside others who share your passion for delivering outstanding results. Where you can make a difference in the lives of others.
Working at Aon Hewitt means contributing to something bigger than yourself. Aon Hewitt work shapes the way workplaces operate. When you work at Aon Hewitt, you’ll directly impact clients and their employees. You’ll also see firsthand how our collective knowledge influences workplace topics and trends on an even larger scale.
Address of Aon Hewitt :-
Aon Hewitt Tower
Sector—42, DLF City
Telephone: (91) (124) 415-5000
Fax: (91) (124) 405-2010
(Disclaimer : This Job or placement paper has been sourced from various sources like print media, Job consultants, past candidates, our users and/ or Company website. The posted date above means the date on which the Job was posted on our site and not on the company site. Users are advised to check with the company for latest requirements before applying for the job. Our website will not be responsible for any loss to the company or the candidate. We have no relation with the company and are not responsible for the validity of this Job. We donot charge the company or candidate or any student anything. If the respective company has any issue with the data provided or they want this particular job or placement paper to be removed they can write into us at firstname.lastname@example.org)