Enterprise Data Warehousing,Application Management, Trivandrum
This Job has Expired! Click Here to View Other
Here are the details of Enterprise Data Warehousing,Application Management job in Ernst & Young - E & Y. This job or placement paper has been sourced from either company website or newspaper or other media and from students who appeared for this job. User is requested to verify the data before applying for the job.
Posting date : 25/Mar/11
- Re-creation, analysis, troubleshooting, and diagnosis of incidents relating to off-the-shelf and proprietary applications and/or platforms.
- Determination of root cause of incidents (configuration vs. defect)
- Liaison with appropriate teams for the development of corrective actions or viable workarounds to resolve incidents
- Installation of applications in supported environments.
- Deployment of application upgrades and fixes
- Responding to automated alerts on the health of systems
- Executing scheduled or unscheduled tasks relating to operational maintenance and monitoring of applications
- Performing routine audits of systems for the purpose of preventative maintenance of applications and reporting on their status
- Adhere to E&Y and ITIL guidelines for Incident, Problem and Change Management.
- Effective call management including logging, monitoring / updating, prioritising and resolving calls in a timely fashion.
- Ensures all work is carried out and documented in accordance with required standards, methods and procedures.
- Should have good people management skills with ability to lead and motivate the team
- Conduct performance reviews and contribute to performance feedback for all levels of staff
- Contribute to people initiatives including recruiting, retaining and training
- Understand and follow workplace policies and procedures
- Selects appropriately from applicable standards, methods, tools and applications and use accordingly.
- Demonstrates analytical and systematic approach to problem solving.
- Communicates fluently orally and in writing and can present complex technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Is able to plan, schedule and monitor work activities in order to meet time and quality targets.
- Is able to absorb rapidly new technical information, business acumen, and apply it effectively.
- Good appreciation of wider field of information systems, its use in relevant employment areas and how it relates to the business activities of the employer or client.
- 3+ years in Application Management, Operational Support environment/discipline
- SQL Server 2008 R2
- SQL Replications
- SSIS (package change not needed but deep understanding required)
- BI xPress
- EY ETL Framework for SSIS - to be build as part of EDW project
- understating data for all domains covered by EDW
- Ability to deploy EDW artefacts (ASP.NET, SSIS, SSRS) - we plan to develop installer as part of EDW project
- Demonstrable knowledge of Windows 2000/2003 server O/S
- Demonstrable Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of web platforms such as IIS
- General understanding of networking/LAN/WAN/DMZ concepts
- Ability to read and understand code (Code-competency) for diagnosis, escalation to tier 4 teams
- Knowledge of troubleshooting tools and techniques related to networks and systems i.e. remote access tools, Windows Support tools, connectivity tests, etc.
- Knowledge of Stored Procedures and Data Transformation Services
- Knowledge of SSIS (package change not needed but deep understanding required)
- Understanding of n-Tier application architecture concepts
- General knowledge of SQL2000/2005 and In-depth knowledge of SQL 2008 R2 and MDS
- Familiarity with SQL DBMS interface and integrated tools
- Understanding of SSRS
- Creation of simple queries, running pre-defined scripts, configuration, security, and interpreting logs and traces.
- Demonstrable knowledge and familiarity with T-SQL or PL/SQL
- General understanding of various IT security concepts as they relate to production environments.
Certification Requirements(Desirable )
ISEB Certificate in Application Management Essentials
Level 3, 4 and 5: S/NVQ for Information / Communication Technology Professionals
MCITP - Microsoft Certified IT Professional
ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management
About Ernst & Young - E & Y
Ernst & Young is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. Worldwide, E & Y's 141,000 people are united by its shared values and an unwavering commitment to quality. Ernst & Young make a difference by helping the people and clients and its wider communities achieve their potential.
Ernst & Young operates from 8 cities* in India with a work force of over 7500 people, who work towards the firm’s vision of being the trusted business advisor that contributes most to the success of people and clients by creating value and confidence. Global Tax Advisory Services, Risk Advisory Services, Transaction Advisory Services and Business Advisory Services are the core services offered by the firm in India.
Why Ernst & Young - Why should i join E & Y
Ernst & Young is making bold moves that will reshape its industry. E & Y commitment to achieving market leadership and creating a borderless business means that Ernst & Young is better equipped to serve the needs of its clients and people.
If you have the ability to lead and inspire people, contribute to the success of leading businesses and understand the complexities of working effectively across borders, now is the time to join Ernst & Young.
Address of Ernst & Young:-
UB City, Canberra Block
12th & 13th Floor
No. 24, Vittal Mallya Road
Phone: +91 80 4027 5000
Fax: +91 80 2210 6000
TPL House, 2nd Floor
3, Cenotaph Road
Phone: +91 44 4219 4400
Fax: +91 44 2431 1450
1st Floor, Tower A, Building no 8
DLF Cybercity Phase 2
Sector - 25
Phone: +91 124 457 5000
Fax: +91 124 457 5200
Hyderabad (iLabs Dome)
Ground Floor & 1st Floor, Plot No. 18,
Software Units Lay-out, Survey No. 64
18th Floor, Express Towers
Phone: +91 22 2282 5000
Fax: +91 22 2282 6000
6th Floor, HT House
18-20 Kasturba Gandhi Marg
Phone: +91 11 4363 3000
Fax: +91 11 4363 3200
(Disclaimer : This Job or placement paper has been sourced from various sources like print media, Job consultants, past candidates, our users and/ or Company website. The posted date above means the date on which the Job was posted on our site and not on the company site. Users are advised to check with the company for latest requirements before applying for the job. Our website will not be responsible for any loss to the company or the candidate. We have no relation with the company and are not responsible for the validity of this Job. We donot charge the company or candidate or any student anything. If the respective company has any issue with the data provided or they want this particular job or placement paper to be removed they can write into us at email@example.com)